Lastgasp Art Laboratories
The "TOXIC PLANT - disharmonic distortion" (TP) is an effect pedal which creates a discordant distortion sound.
The "TP" is based on a ring modulator circuit. If the gain is low, it will make a ring modulation sound. If the gain is high, it will create a disharmonic distortion sound from a hysterical high to a deep earth-rumbling growl.
Based on a ring modulation circuit, it feautures a metallic sound that charachterise ring modulators. Controlling the frequency of a ring modulator is enjoyable enough, and the "disharmonic distortion" sound that is created when "GAIN" is increased can only be heard with this pedal!
- From the top, left hand side; "LEVEL" and "GAIN", right hand side: "FREQ":
- "LEVEL" controls the overall output level when the effect is on.
- "GAIN" controls the overall gain level when the effect is on.
- "FREQ" controls the pitch of the oscillator (when turned to the right, it becomes more high pitched.)
- On the right side, there is an INPUT jack. This jack is also a power switch. When not in use, be sure to unplug the cord from the input jack.
- On the left side, there are jacks for an AC ADAPTER, the OUTPUT and CV PEDALS. The CV PEDAL jack can be connected to a CV pedal for "FREQ" alterations. If you have a foot CV (expression) pedal, you can control the "FREQ" with your foot. Almost all expression pedals can be used in combination with our pedals, but effects will vary depending on the manufacturer. We recommend using the "ROLAND EV-5" for the "TP" oscillo ring modulator.
- (2010-02-07) Lastgasp Art Laboratories - Toxic Plant - Disharmonic Distortion - TP by Kayzer
- (2014-10-13) Lastgasp Art Laboratories Toxic Plant by Rectal Hygienist