Lastgasp Art Laboratories
The "SICK PITCH KING ring modulator" (SPK) is an effect pedal which creates a discordant sound. Suitable for sound effects needing characteristic metal sounds.
The RANGE switch enables a tremolo effect. With a mixer, DIRECT jack equipment will enable a "vibration sound of a speaker cabinet" atmosphere to be created.
It has a CV PEDAL jack. If you have a CV pedal, you can control the frequency with your foot, - so your performances will gain in depth.
- The controls; "LEVEL" and "FREQ", there is a "RANGE" switch on top of controls:
- "LEVEL" controls the overall output level when the effect is on.
- "FREQ" controls the frequency of the internal oscillator.
- "RANGE" selects the frequency range. H produces a high frequency ring modulator sound. L produces a low frequency tremolo-like sound.
- The Jacks on top, right to IN, CARRIER, CVPEDAL, DIRECT and OUT. SPK has two inputs: one for an electronic music device ("IN") and another input jack for a carrier signal that can be used instead of the internal oscillator.. The "RANGE", "FREQ", "CV PEDAL" are disabled during the carrier signal jack input.
- On the left side, there is an AC ADAPTER jack. Connects the DC 9 volt AC adapter with a 2.1mm barrel-type negative tip.
- The SPK is one of the few ring modulator pedals available, its small size makes it even more unusual.
- (2010-07-27) Lastgasp Art Laboratories - Sick Pitch King 1 - LAL SPK1 by Kayzer
- (2015-02-10) Lastgasp Art Laboratories Sick Pitch King by Rectal Hygienist
- (2015-02-10) Lastgasp Art Laboratories Sick Pitch King w/ Bass Warmjet V by Rectal Hygienist