This is the Metalers ultimate pedal, so much gain its tough to control!!
The "Dr Boogie" also sometimes referred to as the Dr. Boogey or Doctor Boogie, is a circuit emulation of the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head amplifier. It was designed by Chris Ntaifotis who goes by the handle "electrictabs" in various DIY forums. The circuit design uses junction-gate field effect transistors (JFETs) instead of the vacuum tubes used in the Dual Rectifier amplifier. A JFET can be thought of as similar to a vacuum tube in that it is a voltage-controlled current sink.
The Dr. Boogey design has five stages of JFET gain, with gain and tone controls, resulting in an ultra-high gain distortion pedal. The design is meant to emulate the combined characteristics of the Dual Rectifier's orange and red channels with a full tone stack as well!!
- Volume 1 & 2 - Switchable volumes controlled by a foot switch allowing the extra kick when soloing or for that extra edge when needed in the mix.
- Gain - The level of gain in the circuit, the amount of gain on tap just keeps going, great for chugging with!!
- Bass, Mid & Treble - The classic amp tone stack allowing you to hone in on the tone you desire
- Presence - Allows you to dial in just a bit more top end and shimmer!
Every pedal built by lard effects comes equipped with the highest standard parts listed below:
- Rugged custom etched Die-cast Aluminium enclosure
- Neutrik Fully enclosed Jack Sockets
- 3PDT True Bypass Switch (Mechanical True Bypass)
- Alpha or Bourns Potentiometers for longest life and smooth action
- Boss 9v center negative 2.1mm Power Option
- Box/Mylar Capacitors - Creates a more detailed Hi-Fi sound
- 1% tolerance metal film Resistors - Minimizes interference seen in many older pedals
- Custom Etched PCB
- 2 year Warranty
All pedals are built and wired completely by hand to the highest standards, I build pedals for myself and always strive for the most reliable and musically sounding effects!!