Korg Introduces the Pitchblack Mini
A Compact, Accurate and Stabilized Pedal Tuner Ideal for Any Pedalboard
Melville, NY - - February 25, 2016 - - Smaller in size than the previous Pitchblack, the durable new Pitchblack mini (PBmini) from Korg was designed to take up less space on the users’ pedalboard. With ultra-high-precision tuning, superior functionality, true bypass design, and a large LED display, the Pitchblack mini is positioned to exceed the needs of any guitar player. The PBmini has a minor footprint (approximately the size of an average credit card), battery or DC power operated and weighing only 4.5 ounces, the Pitchblack mini inherits accuracy and ease of use from Korg’s 50 years of tuning innovation.
Equipped with a large 7-segment color LED, the note indication and the smooth moving meter indicator deliver excellent visibility even on a dark stage. Users can choose from three meter display modes to suit their playing style; in addition to the standard Regular mode, they can choose Strobe mode or Half-strobe mode in which the direction and speed of meter movement indicate the pitch change for easy visualization. In strobe mode the Pitchblack mini allows ultra-high-precision tuning with ±0.1 cent accuracy.
“Korg's Pitchblack pedal tuners have earned the trust of guitarists and bassists worldwide for their quality, design and durability,” stated Brian Piccolo, Brand Manager for Korg Guitar products. “When players are looking for a new pedal tuner for their board, compactness, light weight, and convenience are important, but often they're a trade-off with stability. Other small units tend to turn over more easily when placed on the floor, however, the Pitchblack mini addressed those concerns and is equipped with slide-type stabilizers on the underside of the body, eliminating this apprehension.”
The Pitchback mini will be available March of 2016 for $69.99. For more information about the Pitchblack mini and other Korg Tuners visit www.korg.com.
Pitchblack mini Specifications
- Scale: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection Range: E0 (20.60 Hz) – C8 (4186 Hz)
- Calibration Range: A4 = 436 – 445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Detection Accuracy: +/- 0.1 cent
- Input Impedance: 1 M-ohm (tuner on)
- Display Modes: Regular, Strobe, Half-strobe
- Connectors: INPUT (mono 1/4” jack), BYPASS (mono 1/4” jack), DC 9V IN
- Power Supply: CR2032 lithium battery (3V) x 2 or AC adaptor (9V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 3 hours (A4 continuous input, tuner on, display mode: Regular mode)
- Current Consumption: Maximum 40 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 45 x 93 x 44 mm / 1.77” x 3.66” x 1.73” (including rubber feet)
- Weight: 129 g / 4.55 oz. (including battery)
- Included Items: CR2032 lithium battery (3V) x 2
- Accessories: AC adaptor (9V) KA-181