A modeling signal processor available at a great low price: the next great bass frontier has been reached! Introducing the new Korg AX3000B, a multi-effects modeling signal processor created solely for bass effects offering heavyweight features including our REMS modeling technology and a unique Expression Step Sequencer.
- 72 different bass effects using KORG's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology
- 16 types of drive/amp effects model a range of sought after vintage and hi-end amps and effects
- A wide range of pre-effects including cabinets, modulation, delay, and reverb (eleven types of each)
- Built-in bass effects ranging from standards such as compressor and wah through unique effects such as "Fretless" and "Bass Synth"
- Create and store 96 programs with your favorite combination of "REMS" effects. 32 preset programs are also provided
- Up to seven different effects can be used simultaneously
- Use the expression pedal to control wah, volume, or many other effect parameters
- Assign a wide range of functions to the Control Switch for even greater flexibility
- The "ESS" (Expression Step Sequencer) provides a step sequencer for storing effect parameter movements and playing them back to create dramatic changes in sound
- ESS can also be used to create subtle foot-controlled stepped modulation bass effects as well as dramatic controlled pitch effects
- Choose from seven ESS modes and control the ESS playback speed in real time by tapping a control switch or by using the expression pedal to change the speed smoothly
- A variety of playback methods are offered; you can use a control switch to start ESS playback or use the expression pedal to recall the desired step
- Individual mode lets you turn effects on/off individually
- Send/return jacks allow you to connect your own external bass effects processor
- AUX IN jack lets you connect an external sound source and play along with it
- Heavy-duty metal body stands up to the demands of live stage performances
- Built-in Auto Tuner lets you tune your instrument while muted
- Backlit LCD provides superb visibility
- "AX3000B Sound Editor" editor/librarian software lets you edit and manage AX3000B programs on your PC
The new Korg AX3000G gave guitarists the power to rule like never before. Now bassists can take total control as well with the AX3000B, a dedicated modeling signal processor for bass with the astounding sound quality only delivered by Korg's unique REMS modeling technology. Packed not only with new capabilities like the very cool ESS (Expression Step Sequencer) function, but also with numerous effects specifically optimized for bass, the Korg AX3000B provides a full complement of the controls you need for real-time performances. From vintage through high-end amps sought-after by bassists, and from standard effects through a bass synthesizer model, "REMS" technology delivers a staggering range of realistic and versatile bass effects, offering full control by using the expression pedal or the control switch. The amazing ESS function lets you use a step sequencer to control effect parameters from a step sequencer so you can take your performance to a level beyond anything you could possibly imagine.
Experience 72 different bass effects using KORG's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology
KORG's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology precisely and realistically models a wide variety of sounds covering hard-to-find vintage or high-end amps, cabinets, and effects. The AX3000B's total of 72 effects includes both original and standard effect varieties. The sixteen drive/amp models include fat-sounding tube sounds, ultra-low bottom-end sounds, clean sounds and many more. Pre-effects, cabinets, modulation effects, delay effects and reverb effects (eleven types each!) cover not only standard bass effects such as compressor, limiter, wah, flanger, and chorus, but also unique and distinctive bass effects. These effects include a pitch shifter with a range of two octaves up or down, a fretless effect that simulates the sound of a fretless bass and even a synth effect that produces the sound of an analog bass synth.
Create and store 96 different programs of your own with the AX3000B bass effects processor
The Korg AX3000B comes with 32 preset programs covering a wide range of sounds. You can also edit these programs as well as create and store your own creations in a total of 96 writable program locations. Since the AX3000B has an Individual mode that lets you switch each effect on/off using the foot switches, it is very easy to edit the preset programs.
An expression pedal and other controllers for real-time operation
The AX3000B provides a full range of controllers that let you modify the amazing "REMS" sounds with ease. The expression pedal can be used to control not only wah and volume, but also effect parameters, giving you the freedom to create new sounds never before heard on a bass effects processor. You can assign foot controllers to switch effect parameters such as the on/off setting of each effect block, the tap tempo, and the rotary speed, or to control the Expression Step Sequencer (ESS), giving you amazingly powerful possibilities for live performances.
The "ESS" function breaks new ground in bass sound
The fresh new sounds generated by the AX3000G's Expression Step Sequencer (ESS) were once a revelation to guitarists around the world, and ESS is an equally important presence on the AX3000B. ESS gives you a step sequencer of up to eight steps that you can assign to an effect parameter, and then choose one of seven playback methods (Forward, Alternate 1/2, Random, Forward (one-shot), or Alternate 1/2 (one-shot) to control the value of that effect parameter in complex ways that were unimaginable until now. The AX3000B is also equipped with a Smooth function that lets you smooth the movement between steps. You can use the ESS expression pedal or a control switch to vary the ESS speed in real time. The pedal display located at the left of the expression pedal uses large LEDs to indicate the total number of steps in the entire sequence as well as the position of the currently playing step, giving you visual confirmation of the step position and the overall state of the sequencer.
Analog-feeling ease of operation
The Korg AX3000B is so easy to use that all of its features, including editing, seem effortless. Select an effect model simply by turning the provided bass effect select knobs for each effect block. Then edit each individual effect simply by turning the knobs of the familiar, analog-style user interface. Effect parameters appear on the panel as a clear, understandable matrix.
Support for expansion, plus a Tuner function
The Korg AX3000B provides a full complement of input/output jacks - including send/return jacks for connecting an external processor as an insert effect, and a digital output (S/P DIF optical) for direct connection to a digital audio system - so that it integrates smoothly with your other equipment. You can choose bass amp or line outputs to ensure that your sound will always be perfect even if the acoustic conditions change. The AX3000B also provides convenient features such as an auto-tuner with a Mute function, and a Key Lock function that prevents accidental operation of switches or knobs.
Use the editor/librarian software to edit and store programs on your PC
The "AX3000B Sound Editor" editor/librarian software lets you graphically view the many parameters of the AX3000B and easily edit them, as well as save and organize programs. Operating requirements: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS X v10.2 or later (Currently runs under Rosetta). Note: During the installation process, some Alert Dialogs may appear, as the installer is not fully compatible with Vista. These dialogs can be ignored.
- (2012-06-07) Da Low Down - Demo from Bootsy Collins by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Horny Bass Monster - Demo from Bootsy Collins by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Mating Calls - Demo from Bootsy Collins by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Skip to a Boot - Demo from Bootsy Collins by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Dark Dream Sequence - Demo from Freddy DeMarco by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Fretless Swing - Demo from Freddy DeMarco by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Pop Rock Bass - Demo from Freddy DeMarco by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Skipping Planets - Demo from Bootsy Collins by Korg
- (2012-06-07) Yippie Yo Funk - Demo from Bootsy Collins by Korg