The first-generation Pandora, which appeared in 1995, was a revolutionary product that packed an amazing amount of functionality into a unit the size of a cassette tape, overturning all expectations of multi-effect units. Subsequently, it has continued to evolve to meet the needs of a wide range of users, adding "REMS" modeling technology and enhanced rhythm functionality. Now in 2013, the latest unit in the Pandora series is a stomp-box type unit. Although it looks like a compact effect unit in a die-cast body, it's actually a multi-effect unit that contains 158 types of modeling effects; seven of which, you can use simultaneously. Two hundred preset programs include many well-known signature sounds as well as 100 rhythm patterns that cover a diverse range of styles. There's also an auto tuner with an eye-catching LED meter that’s easy to read. You can also enjoy jam sessions by connecting your MP3 player to the AUX input, which provides a +/-1 octave pitch shift function. The freely downloadable PC editor/librarian makes it easy to create and manage sounds. Whether used on its own, or alongside your pedal board, the Pandora Stomp delivers exactly what you need for practice and recording at home or on stage.
An amazing 158 types of amps/effects
A full range of effects powered by Korg's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology boasts amazing sound quality, perfectly reproducing even analog-like characteristics like the fat overdrive that is typical of vacuum tubes and the sense of air that’s created by a speaker cabinet. The 158 effect types range from the standards to the unusual; they include vintage amp modeling as well as familiar effects such as chorus and there’s even an intelligent pitch shifter that adds harmony that’s appropriate for your scale, an acoustic simulator and a guitar synth. The Pandora Stomp is the perfect choice for guitarists and bassists with any level of experience.
Two hundred preset programs including numerous stage-ready song presets
From the moment you connect the Pandora Stomp, you'll be playing with some serious sounds. There are 160 preset programs for guitar and 40 for bass. These include numerous song preset programs that reproduce the sounds of famous guitarists playing classic songs. Turn the value dial to select the sound that you want and you’re ready to start playing.. You'll also enjoy checking out these effects programs to unlock the secrets of your favorite artist's sound and also learn more about applying effects to your own tone.
Editing is easy! Save 200 user programs
Although the Pandora Stomp contains an enormous 158 types of modeling effects, editing these effects is about as simple as selecting them. Modeling effects can be intuitively edited just by turning the value dial. The parameter structure lets you concentrate on the crucial aspects of the sound; for example, the delay effect lets you adjust the mix and delay time independently. Programs you create can be given a name and saved as one of the 200 user programs. You can also assign any four of the 400 programs (preset and user programs) to the program memory buttons as "favorites" for instant recall.
Functions ideal for jam sessions or practice
Amazingly, the Pandora Stomp doesn't stop at being a modeling multi-effect unit. It contains a total of 100 rhythm patterns that include a metronome as well a diversity of musical styles, making it an ideal tool for rhythm training or casual jamming. There's also an AUX input that can be used for connecting your MP3 player or other external audio input source and playing along with it. In addition, the AUX pitch effect lets you adjust the pitch of the external audio source in a range of one octave upward or downward, so you can match the input to the tuning of your own guitar.
Auto tuner with highly visible LED meter and backlit LCD for great visibility even in dark locations
In addition to its backlit LCD, the Pandora Stomp features an independent and highly visible LED meter and note name indicator just like the display on Korg's pitchblack series of single-stompbox style tuners. You'll have no trouble using it - even on dimly lit stages. Calibration is also supported.
Sturdy die-cast body and multi-function foot switch
Although there's just one stomp-type switch, it can function in a variety of ways. You can use it as an on/off (bypass) switch for the current effect settings, just like on a conventional single-stompbox effect. You can also choose other modes, where the switch will cycle through the four program memories that you've registered as favorites, or cycle through ten consecutive programs, allowing you to keep both of your hands on your instrument and switch between multiple effects programs using just your foot.
DC9V power supply allows easy integration with your pedal board; Pandora Stomp will also run on USB bus power for convenient integration with your computer
The 9V power supply is the standard for stompbox effects. The Pandora Stomp can use either a single 006P/9V battery or an AC adapter, making it easy to integrate into your pedal board. It can also run on USB bus power. When connected to your computer, this lets you keep connections simple.
You can rearrange the 200 preset and 200 user programs and edit sounds conveniently by using the sound editor/librarian, which can be downloaded free of charge from the Korg website. (Available for download starting October 2013)
- An amazing 158 types of amps and effects powered by "REMS" modeling technology
- Use up to seven types of effects simultaneously for seemingly endless options
- In addition to 200 preset programs that include numerous stage-ready song preset programs, you can save 200 editable user programs
- 100 rhythm patterns including a metronome, ideal for jam sessions and training
- Auto tuner with easily-readable LED meter and backlit LCD for excellent visibility, even in dark locations
- AUX input for connecting your MP3 player enabling you to jam along with your favorite tunes; the AUX pitch function lets you adjust the pitch of the audio input in a range of +/- 1 octave
- Sturdy die-cast body
- Multi-function foot switch can also be used to switch program memories, just like with a single effect unit
- Four program memory buttons allow one-touch recall
- DC9V power supply allows easy integration with your pedal board; the unit will also operate on USB bus power for hassle-free integration with your computer
- Sound editor software lets you create sounds and manage programs (download from the Korg website)
- Available in three colors: cool black, as well as chic ivory and pop orange (Ivory and orange are a limited production run of 1,500 units for each color)
- Number of Effects: 158 types (Maximum number of effects available simultaneously: 7)
- Number of Programs: User: 200, Preset: 200
- Audio Input: Guitar/Bass INPUT (1/4” jack), AUX (mini stereo jack)
- Audio Output: Line OUTPUT (1/4” jack), PHONES (mini stereo jack)
- Tuner Section:
- Detection range: 27.5 Hz - 2,093 Hz (A0 - C7)
- Calibration: A = 438 Hz - 445 Hz
- Number of Rhythm pattern: 100
- Tempo: BPM = 40 - 240
- Power supply: 9 V Battery (6LR61) x 1, USB bus power supply or Optional AC adapter
- Battery life: Approx. 5 hours (6LR61: Alkaline battery)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 70 x 123 x 48 mm / 2.76 x 4.84 x 1.89 inches (including protrusions)
- Weight: 511 g / 1.13 lbs. (including battery)
- Color Variations: Black (PX-ST), Ivory (PX-ST-IV), Orange (PX-ST-OR)
- Dynamics Effect & Pickup Modeling (27 types): COMP, DYNAEXC, VOX WAH, WAHUP1, WAHUP2, WAHDWN1, WAHDWN2, SLOWATK, OCTAVE, RING, RINGUP, RINGDWN, AC SIM, HUM>SGL, SGL>HUM, HF TONE, PHASOUT, COMP2*, LIMITER, B OD*, B DIST*, B FUZZ*, PREAMP1*, PREAMP2*, BALANCE*, LOWCUT*, FRETLES*
- Amp Modeling (26 types):BTQ CLN, BTQ OD, TWD1X12, TWD4X10, BLK2X12, AC15, AC30, AC30TB, UKBLUES, UK '70S, UK '80S, UK MDN, US HI-G, US MDN, FUZZ, VALVE*, VALVE2*, CLASSIC*, SCOOPED*, LA STUD*, GOLDPNL*, JAZZ*, STUDIO*, AC100*, UKMAJOR*, SYNTH
- Cabinet Modeling (23 types): 1X8TWD, 2X10BLK, 4X10TWD, 1X12TWD, 1X12VOX, 2X12BLK, 2X12VOX, 4X12VOX, 4X12CLS, 4X12MDN, 4X12VIN, LA 4X10*, MDN4X10*, MTL4X10*, CLS8X10*, UK 4X12*, STU1X15*, JAZ1X15*, AC 2X15*, US 2X15*, UK 4X15*, LA 1X18*, COMBI*
- Modulation & Filter Effect Modeling (46 types): CHORUS1, CHORUS2, FLANGER1, FLANGER2, FLANGER3, FLANGER4, PHASER1, PHASER2, PHASER3, U-VIBE1, U-VIBE2, TREM1, TREM2, TREM3, AT PAN1, AT PAN2, ROTARY1, ROTARY2, ROTARY3, PITCH1, PITCH2, PITCH3, MAJ3UP, MAJ3DWN, MIN3UP, MIN3DWN, PERF4TH, PERF5TH, MAJ6TH, FEEDBK1, FEEDBK2, FEEDBK3, FEEDBK4, FILTER, FILTUP1, FILTUP2, FILTDN1, FILTDN2, TALK1, TALK2, TALK3, TALK4, RANDOM1, RANDOM2, RANDOM3, RANDOM4
- Delay Modeling (25 types): SLAP1, SLAP2, SLAP3, SLAP4, SLAP5, DELAY1, DELAY2, DELAY3, DELAY4, DELAY5, PPDLY1, PPDLY2, PPDLY3, PPDLY4, PPDLY5, ECHO1, ECHO2, ECHO3, ECHO4, ECHO5, MULTI1, MULTI2, MULTI3, MULTI4, MULTI5
- Reverb Modeling (10 types): DRYAIR, WETAIR, ROOM1, ROOM2, PLATE1, PLATE2, HALL1, HALL2, SPRING1, SPRING2
- Noise Reduction
The Korg Pandora Stomp will be in stores in Fall 2013 with a U.S. Street price of $129.99
- (2013-09-05) Pandora Stomp - the compact multi-effect unit overflowing with options by Korg
- (2013-09-18) PANDORA stomp Introduction by Korg
- (2013-12-06) ??????New Gear Showcase?Korg / Pandora Stomp by digimartnet
- (2014-02-20) Judge Fredd & the Korg Pandora Stomp by kriskardiak
- (2014-02-21) Korg In The Studio: Freddy DeMarco Demos the Pandora Stomp by Korg
- (2014-04-25) KORG PANDORA STOMP : le verdict de Judge Fredd by Woodbrass
- (2014-05-26) Korg Pandora Stomp Effects Review by sonicstate