I would like to officially introduce the “Solstice” All germanium drive unit. Based on an original design of mine from 2009 , It maintains the integrity of the original design , with added features for more control and tonal shaping .
- The added feedback control does 2 things:
- Turned down= tightens the low end, and also lowers the gain.
- Turned up= Gain increases and things loosen up. Subtle but very effective.
- Clip switch
- Down=Silicon: more compressed saturation.
- Up= mosfet/germanium combo: more open and very responsive to pick attack .
- Charge switch- Changes signal capacitors introducing various ranges of frequencies to be clipped .. This also affects the amount of signal that hits the final part of the circuit.
- Down position= Mid frequency, low - Mid gain.
- Middle position= Introduces more bass as well as added gain ..
- Up position is FULL ON .. super thick , compressed and splat type fuzz tones .
Legitimately goes from mild to wild. From extremely sexy bluesy overdrive tones, to rich , thick nasty spongy fuzz tones .
All the while , retain the ability to control gain maintaining clarity with just the guitars volume control.
- (2015-09-16) Kirkland Audio Electronics Solstice Germanium Overdrive by dacod77
- (2015-09-16) #Repost @dacod77 with @repostapp. ??? Full length uploading to YouTube momentarily. Link will be in bio. If someone were to try and demonstrate everything the @kirklandaudio #solsticeod is capable of the vid would be at least an hour long if not more. Se by Kirkland Audio Electronics (KAE)
- (2015-09-26) Kirkland Solstice MXR Distortion II by dacod77
- (2015-10-17) Custom Solstice sounds ! Thanks @tonedawg2112 for the great clip and playing !! by Kirkland Audio Electronics (KAE)