I would like to officially introduce the “Solstice” All germanium drive unit. Based on an original design of mine from 2009 , It maintains the integrity of the original design , with added features for more control and tonal shaping .
- The added feedback control does 2 things:
- Turned down= tightens the low end, and also lowers the gain.
- Turned up= Gain increases and things loosen up. Subtle but very effective.
- Clip switch
- Down=Silicon: more compressed saturation.
- Up= mosfet/germanium combo: more open and very responsive to pick attack .
- Charge switch- Changes signal capacitors introducing various ranges of frequencies to be clipped .. This also affects the amount of signal that hits the final part of the circuit.
- Down position= Mid frequency, low - Mid gain.
- Middle position= Introduces more bass as well as added gain ..
- Up position is FULL ON .. super thick , compressed and splat type fuzz tones .
Legitimately goes from mild to wild. From extremely sexy bluesy overdrive tones, to rich , thick nasty spongy fuzz tones .
All the while , retain the ability to control gain maintaining clarity with just the guitars volume control.