Auto-fire Tremolo and Death-Ray Generator
Includes the Striptease™ ribbon controller!
Are you ready to wreak havoc and unleash a battalion of sound waves that will slay your opponents, or at least have them begging for mercy? Good, because the Kill Switch from Kilpatrick Audio has the power you need to create substantial sonic damage. And it does it under your complete control using the Striptease™ ribbon controller. (included) The death-ray generator uses an internal oscillator to create sound without even playing your guitar. Any frequency from earth-shaking bass (if your amp has the balls) to soul-piercing squeals and chirps is possible. You can make steady drones using the FREQUENCY control, and adjust the frequency in real-time with the Striptease™.
But in addition to the built-in death-ray generator, the Kill Switch has a hard tremolo effect which gives the pedal its name. You can either leave it on all the time (by using the SPEED control), or momentarily activate it by touching the Striptease™ ribbon controller. The speed of the tremolo is continuously variable with either the SPEED control or Striptease™, and the pulse width can be set by using the WIDTH control. The tremolo affects both the guitar signal and the death-ray generator's oscillator, or can be disabled if you want to use the oscillator by itself. A wide range of incredible effects is possible.
With high-quality construction using only top name parts, the Kill Switch is designed for a lifetime of rocking. The enclosure is made from cold-rolled steel with a powder-coated paint job for long life. Circuitry is hand-wired and tested for perfection. Battery life is long due to a low-power design, and with the unique Pure Bypass technology, pristine sound quality is maintained in your signal path when the effect is out of the circuit.
Features and Specs
- Striptease™ Included - Plug in the included Striptease™ ribbon controller or a Roland-style expression pedal. Read the full Striptease™ specs.
- Pure Bypass Circuitry - Noise-free bypassing with clean sound.
- High Quality Parts - High quality pots and switches, and Neutrik connectors are used for best quality.
- Low Power Consumption - With only 70mA current draw, the effect can be run on batteries or off a standard Boss-style DC adapter.
- Frequency - Adjusts the frequency offset of the internal death-ray oscillator.
- Speed - Adjusts the speed of the Kill Switch tremolo effect and (optionally) the death-ray oscillator frequency.
- Width - Adjusts the Kill Switch pulse width from 0-100%, or bypasses the tremolo control.
- Frequency Control Switch - Selects whether the death-ray oscillator frequency should be adjusted by the speed control, or manually controlled.
- Oscillator - Enables or disables the death-ray oscillator.
- Bypass - The main bypass footswitch for turning the effect on and off.
- Made in Canada - Every unit is hand-wired, assembled and tested in Canada.