Killer Otter Electric
A drive of a different color.
My goal with the Aerostat was to build an organic sounding drive pedal without using the op-amp design present in countless other pedals. Its transistor-based, diode-free architecture allows it to push your amp into a natural sounding break-up without giving you the excessive mid-hump or compression that are common in many overdrives. This design also results in remarkable touch-sensitivity; the Aerostat responds naturally to you playing dynamics and cleans up exceptionally when you roll back your guitar's volume knob.
The three-way character switch lets you go from jangly top-boost (TIGHT), to classic rock crunch (MID), to thick, fuzzy drive (FULL). It shapes the low-end response of the circuit, as well as controlling the overall amount of dirt on tap. This is ideal for combating the volume and EQ disparity that comes with switching between humbucking and single coil pickups. But hey, why limit it to that? You can use it any way you want. Want to add extra girth and sustain to an already hot humbucker? Go for it. That Tele bridge pickup not quite twangy enough for your taste? Knock yourself out. Who am I to tell you what to do? I'm not the tone police.
- True Bypass
- Standard 9VDC power input
- Volume, Gain and Tone controls
- Three-position character switch
- Hand-built in the USA using quality components
As each pedal is hand built, please allow up to 72 hours for item to be shipped.
- (2015-05-11) Killer Otter Electric Aerostat Overdrive by Mike Hermans
- (2015-05-28) Blues Overdrive Episode 11: Killer Otter Aerostat by Jack Fossett
- (2015-06-05) Killer Otter Electric Aerostat by shnobel
- (2015-06-05) Klon Centaur vs Killer Otter Electric Aerostat by shnobel
- (2015-11-19) Killer Otter Electric AEROSTAT overdrive demo with Kingbee Tele by Gearmanndude
- (2016-02-09) The Aerostat does black metal. Recorded with an iPhone mic, because close mics are sooooo not kvlt. by Killer Otter Electric
- (2016-02-19) Messing around with the Aerostat and a looper. I'll give 5000 internet points to the first person that can name that tune. by Killer Otter Electric
- (2016-04-19) Analogman King of Tone vs Killer Otter Electric Aerostat by shnobel
- (2016-04-21) J Rockett Archer ikon vs Killer Otter Aerostat by shnobel
- (2016-04-21) Chellee Pony Boy vs Killer Otter Aerostat by shnobel
- (2016-05-13) Name that tune. Running an Aerostat as a clean top boost into a modulated delay. by Killer Otter Electric
- (2016-11-29) Killer Otter Electric Aerostat Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Demo by PedalOfTheDay