The No. 2 is KHDK’s original Clean Boost, utilizing the strength of KHDK’s unique circuit. Providing a warm, tube-like boost, it was designed for those who appreciate a natural and subtle gain. Best used as a tool for shaping your tone on a quality all-tube amp, the No. 2 allows the organic and transparent EQ controls to fully develop your tone.
All our pedals are proudly handcrafted and quality tested in the USA.
The KHDK No. 2 Clean Boost is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.
- Gain: Controls the unity gain of the circuit.
- Volume: Controls the overall output volume of the No. 2.
- The hi/lo switch: Is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost. The hi setting adds saturation, compression and a powerful mid boost.
- Bass: Controls the bass and lower mid-frequency gain. The bass is tied into the gain, making it a secondary gain control enhancing lows. For boosting an overdriven tube amp, it is recommended to lower the Bass control setting for a tighter bass response. For single note soloing, turn the Bass control clockwise.
- Treble Control: Is a passive low-pass filter, cutting high end and offering a wide frequency range. The setting depends on your amplifier; we recommend cutting the treble on brighter amps to achieve a warm tone.
- Footswitch: Engages your No. 2 to “on” or True bypass mode.
Locate the input and output jacks on the No. 2 Clean Boost and make sure there is 9V power flowing through the pedal.
Start your No. 2 with the controls at 12 o’clock and the hi/lo switch set to lo.
Your amplifier needs to either be in standby mode or off when you plug your No. 2 in. Start off with your amplifier in clean mode.
- (2016-03-26) KHDK Pedals Shoot-Out No.1 vs. No.2 by The Tone King
- (2016-05-18) ???????? KHDK ??? NO 2 Clean Boost by BuzzbeeTV
- (2016-05-28) KHDK: No.2 CLEAN BOOST demo by Burgerman666
- (2016-11-11) KHDK No. 2 Clean Boost - Review by MusikmesseTV
- (2016-11-11) KHDK No. 2 Clean Boost - Demo by MusikmesseTV
- (2017-01-02) KHDK No. 2 Clean Boost by Mike Hermans
- (2018-02-12) KHDK No.2 Clean Boost Pedal Demo by KHDK Electronics