Tried, tested and loved by generations of guitarists. Now, the circuit has been perfected to achieve its full potential and create the ultimate tone. Conceived in the dark depths of Kirk Hammett’s mind and forged in the secret laboratories of KHDK.
The Ghoul Screamer is a multipurpose pedal, a true utility knife of overdrives. The dramatic versatility of the controls spans from a clean boost all the way to a massive overdrive. In addition to the three standard controls (drive, tone, volume) five switches have been added. This significantly enhances the sound palette and – together with carefully selected and tested parts – elevates the Ghoul Screamer to the highest class of stage and studio gear.
All of our pedals are proudly handcrafted and quality tested in the USA.
The KHDK Ghoul Screamer is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.
- Drive: Controls the gain of the circuit. On lower Drive settings, the Ghoul Screamer works as a clean boost with a characteristic mid hump. For more distortion turn the Drive control higher to increase the harmonics, compression and power.
- Volume: Controls the overall output volume of the Ghoul Screamer.
- Tone: A very effective active high-frequency tone control. At 12 o’clock it’s neutral. Turned clockwise it becomes raw, aggressive and helps your tone cut through. Turned counterclockwise it cuts the highs for a more mellow and warm tone.
- Bass Switch: When activated, it enhances the low frequencies, thickens the tone and adds a massive bottom end. Ideal for instruments with a sharp tone and a weaker output.
- High Switch: Expands the Tone potentiometer to reach towards higher frequencies, enhancing the brilliance and the clean tonal quality and helps less sharp instruments to be heard.
- Body Switch: Improves the tonal response in the mids as well as the tightness and penetration of your tone in the mix. This mode is particularly effective when used with low tuned or seven-string guitars.
- Compression Switches: Select between three types of tonal character and compression. The lowest setting (1) offers a soft and warm compression, reminiscent of vintage pedals. The highest setting (3) offers a transparent tone with an aggressive expression rich in harmonics.
- (2015-10-30) KHDK Ghoul Screamer - TEASER by KHDK Electronics
- (2015-12-18) KHDK Kirk Hammett Ghoul Screamer OD - The Gear Gods Review by geargods
- (2015-12-28) (cz) Rok 2015 byl pro m? zásadní díky spolupráci s nov? vzniklou a rostoucí US firmou KHDK electronics. Vývoj pedálu GHOUL SCREAMER jsem ve zkratce zachytil v tomto krátkém videu, jeho? první p?lka vznikla v únoru, kdy? jsem za pomoci Milo?e Dodo Dole?ala by Salvation Audio
- (2016-01-18) Todaysgear KHDK Ghoul Screamer - Kirk Hammett Overdrive by Today's Gear
- (2016-02-23) UA Marshall 2203 Lead Track with KHDK Ghoul Screamer by EytschPi42
- (2016-02-25) KHDK Ghoul Screamer - Demo by fluff191
- (2016-02-28) KHDK ??? Ghoul Screamer by BuzzbeeTV
- (2016-05-11) KHDK: Ghoul Screamer OD - Tele & Blackface demo by Burgerman666
- (2016-05-13) KHDK Ghoul Screamer by KytaryCZ
- (2016-06-09) KHDK: Ghoul Screamer OD - Laney L50H & Charvel demo by Burgerman666
- (2016-06-29) KHDK: Ghoul Screamer OD - JTM45 & HB demo by Burgerman666
- (2016-09-07) KHDK Electronics Ghoul Screamer Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal Demo by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-11-18) KHDK Ghoul Screamer - Review by MusikmesseTV
- (2016-11-18) KHDK Ghoul Screamer - Demo by MusikmesseTV
- (2017-01-31) ?? KHDK ??? Ghoul Screamer by BuzzbeeTV
- (2017-06-09) Everyone: Ballet and metal could never go together. Kirk Hammett: Hold my beer. Meet KHDK Ghoul Screamer pedal --> http://bit.ly/DiscoverGhoulScreamer by KHDK Electronics
- (2018-02-12) KHDK Ghoul Screamer Pedal Demo by KHDK Electronics