The Red Dirt overdrive, named for our home state of Oklahomas most noticeable geographic feature, as well as its iconic local brew of country music, is a classic tube style overdrive pedal with a sound that is as Keeley as it gets. We've taken all of the clarity, warmth and tonality of our famous Mod Plus modded pedals and, with the addition of a 2 position toggle, the option to have the full unbridled viciousness and high gain of our Baked variation. The resulting pedal is an overdrive that can fill nearly any need. From sweet, subtle blues tones to screaming, high gain crunch its all there (even pulling a double duty as a near clean boost).
Keeley Electronics (press release)
KEELEY ELECTRONICS INTRODUCES RED DIRT™ OVERDRIVE
Classic tube style overdrive pedal delivers tones inspired by the award-winning Keeley lineup of modified pedals
EDMOND, Ok. (March 4, 2013) — Keeley Electronics is proud to welcome the Red Dirt overdrive, the newest member of the award-winning Keeley Electronics family of custom effects pedals. The result of over 10 years of research and fine tuning development of its existing modified pedal lineup, the Keeley Electronics Red Dirt overdrive delivers a range of tones from classic subtle blues to contemporary high-gain crunch.
The Red Dirt overdrive began from a quest to find the perfect classic drive sound while also offering new levels of sonic versatility to satisfy a wider range of musical styles. Founder and head engineer Robert Keeley took this idea and combined the great sounds found within his original “Mod Plus” and “Baked” modified pedals and added refinements found exclusively in his custom pedal line. By incorporating these tones along with the Keeley standard of U.S.A. hand-built quality using premium components, the Red Dirt overdrive aims to become an indispensible part of any pedal chain.
The Red Dirt overdrive features:
- Dirt control that offers an extremely dynamic, touch-sensitive gain at both mild and heavier sustain settings
- Tone control that delivers an extended range of useable voicing to match the needs of virtually any guitar and amp combination
- Volume control that can effectively balance the signal or push an amp into further sustain and overdrive with authority
- Hand-built in the U.S.A. using the finest components and construction techniques
- Beautifully housed and powder coated in a rugged enclosure
- True bypass switching for pure tone and no signal loss
- World-class Keeley customer support
The Keeley Electronics Red Dirt overdrive will begin shipping to dealers worldwide this month. It has a street price of $199.
- (2013-03-19) Keeley Electronics Red Dirt by Prymaxe
- (2013-05-09) Keeley RED DIRT OVERDRIVE guitareffects pedal demo with RS Blackguard & Mojotone LERXST by Gearmanndude
- (2013-05-14) Vox Tony Bruno TB18C Review -- with the Keeley Red Dirt Pedal by RobChappers
- (2014-06-15) Keeley Red Dirt overdrive by rigrigrigmusic
- (2015-01-08) Keeley Red Dirt by SessionMusicTV
- (2015-05-07) Tube Screamer Mini vs Keeley Red Dirt Overdrive by shnobel
- (2015-05-10) Keeley Red Dirt Overdrive by shnobel
- (2015-05-14) Keeley Red Dirt vs Klon Centaur by shnobel
- (2015-06-11) Keeley Electronics Red Dirt Germanium by GearTalkChannel
- (2015-06-27) Keeley Red Dirt Germanium OD by Retro Channel
- (2015-12-09) 83 Ibanez TS9 vs Keeley Red Dirt by shnobel
- (2015-12-15) Keeley KE-808 Red Dirt Pro by popintothechemist
- (2015-12-21) Analogman King Of Tone vs Keeley Red Dirt by shnobel
- (2015-12-26) Keeley Red Dirt by Jack Fossett
- (2016-06-02) Keeley RED DIRT GERMANIUM overdrive demo with Stratocaster by Gearmanndude
- (2016-08-19) Keeley Red Dirt Germanium by popintothechemist