As far as guitar clean boosts go, the Katana is KING TONE. It's the pedal to have for the finishing touch on your tone. Want a mirror image of your tone, only louder? This is it. The Katana is also a fat, harmonically rich boost, just pull out on the volume knob and stretch your imagination with overdriven tone! You can keep it on all the time to push your amp harder, or as an occasional boost to cut through the mix.
Obsessed or Compelled with the Fattest, Fullest Drive?!?!? Well, Before other people started using Blue LEDs and non-diode clipping stages, there was the TMB and Katana.... Cascading FET stages do the tube-amp-thing like nothing else!
Two modes, Pure Clean and High Gain:
- With the speed knob Pushed In, think of it as a volume control that goes to 20.
- With the speed knob Pulled Out, it's a cutting boost with a bit of gain. Not quite an overdrive, just overdriven tube grit and edge to your tone.
Katana Boost - Pure FET TONE, Large Supply Voltage, Very tube-like yet punchy and studio flat in frequency response.
The Katana Boost can be used as the first effect in your chain or last effect, and anywhere in between...it depends on what you want to do. If you want to push your distortion pedal (for more distortion) or other pedals harder (great for many chorus and other time-based modulation effects), then use the Katana right before those effects. If you want to have the same sound only louder or with some tube amp break-up, then use it as the last effect in your setup.
- (2008-05-06) Keeley Katana vs Time Bomb Boost guitar pedal shootout by Gearmanndude
- (2011-02-26) Katana Juice by thePedalLab
- (2011-03-22) Keeley Katana Boost Pedal Demo by TheToneshack
- (2014-10-29) Keeley Katana Clean Boost by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-05-07) Keeley Katana Clean Boost vs EP Booster by shnobel
- (2015-05-10) Keeley Katana Clean Boost by shnobel
- (2016-01-29) Vertex Boost vs Keeley Katana by shnobel
- (2016-02-06) Vintage MXR Micro Amp vs Keeley Katana by shnobel