Hooke Spring Reverb
The new Hooke Spring Reverb from Keeley brings vintage tube-amp spring reverb and tremolo into one package. Bring your blackface reverb and tremolo on the road with you without lugging around your prized possession! Choose from Classic Spring, Black Face Trem-n-Verb, or an organ like Fugue-Verb.
Classic Spring Reverb
The Hooke Spring Reverb has the Spring Reverb mode. The main features of this mode include the Tone and Spring controls. The Tone control allows you to set the pedal for a bright, spanky reverb tone or a dark, thick reverb. The Spring control is the amount “looseness” or “Sproing!” in the reverb pan. Loose springs seem to give a lot of reflections and you can hear the reverb “bounce” a lot. You can simulate a specific reverb pan you had in a vintage amp. Combinations of these two controls allow you to fine-tune both the tone and the character of the springs and tubes in your favorite vintage reverb. You won’t believe the depth and warmth of this reverb. It’s one of our finest creations.
Black Face Trem-n-Verb
This is designed to give you the ultimate Fullerton, CA black panel Vibrato channel reverb. Everyone knows that it’s not really (pitch) vibrato, it’s tremolo. We carefully EQ’d and filtered the sound to not only be tube-like but we crafted a tonal modification that makes for a deep throbbing tremolo. By adjusting the bias of the output tubes for the volume tremolo, you also dip the volume of the reverb. We found a special recipe where the reverb washes over the tremolo texture a little thicker and creates a tone that is truly magical.
Fugue, an Organ Reverb
The Hooke Reverb needed something crazy. Something that just didn’t exist. We started playing with shimmer-springs, octave down and sprung, all sorts of other coiled manifestations of things springy and coily and then it hit us. The problem was we could hear the original guitar part. Ah, yes, all wet. All wet is where the magic happened. No original signal, all wet spring reverb with octave up and down. Church Organ, Organ Reverb, Fugue It! Get Hooked and Go Fugue!
Spring For More!
3 More Reverb Patches!
What more from your Keeley Reverb? Take the back plate off your Hooke Spring Reverb and change the Bank Switch to Bank 2. Now you have 3 more Spring reverb patches!
- Long Decay Trem-n-Verb – Same as in Bank 1, but set up for single coil guitars and super long decay/reverb trails. If you want a huge springy mess of reverb and you have some spaghetti logo guitar for making surf music…yeah, this is it. Springs up dude!
- Spring-Plate – Another Keeley Original. After a YouTube commentator said, oh man no plate reverb…I said, I said, Beeeeetch! I got your plate reverb! How about this I said…Cross Fade between Spring Reverb and Plate Reverb. And that’s just exactly what it does. Dial in 25% spring reverb and 75% plate, dial in 50/50, dial in your own perfection. This is like taking your tube amp with spring reverb into the studio and then the producer adds their plate reverb. Classic. Happens all the time. Well now you can do it anywhere with the Keeley Hooke Spring Reverb. Thank you.
- Vibro-Spring – What if a Blackface and Magnatone amp had a love child? Yeah, a pitch vibrato spring reverb. Something that would have been right up Lonnie Mack’s alley? Well, it’s in there too. The Fugue mode becomes what I call the Mack Mode. Mack Mode was inspired by Eddie Heinzleman’s love of Lonnie Mack. I texted Eddie about this possibility and in a few seconds I had YouTube links to Wham and Satisfy Suzie. Yup, Vibrato and Reverb. Sounds Delish. Mack n Cheese! Wait, wrong page… Mack Mode! Spring Reverb with Pitch Vibrato.
- (2016-06-29) Keeley Hooke Spring Reverb by Keeley Electronics
- (2016-06-30) Keeley Hooke Reverb - Spring Mode by Keeley Electronics
- (2016-07-08) Keeley Engineering: Behind the Boards - Hooke Spring Reverb by Keeley Electronics
- (2016-07-26) SNAMM '16 - Keeley Electronics The Dark Side, The Hall, Hooke Reverb, El Monte, & Bubble Tron Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2016-08-15) Dillion Witherow looping at the house with the Bubble Tron, Hooke Reverb, Monterey and a Vibrolux. #looping #tcelectronics #ditto #seafoam #stratocaster #fender #bubbletron #hookereverb #knowyourtown @dillanwitherow by Keeley Electronics
- (2016-09-19) Keeley Hooke Reverb by Jack Fossett
- (2016-10-11) Keeley Compressor Pro - 30ms - Hooke Reverb by Keeley Electronics
- (2016-10-13) Here's a clip of Aaron playing a @fender 'Magnificent 7' American Special Jazzmaster through a Keeley Compressor Pro, 30ms, and Hooke Reverb. ... by Keeley Electronics
- (2016-11-02) Keeley Hooke Spring Reverb by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-11-03) Keeley Electronics Hooke Reverb by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-01-06) The Force is strong with this one... ? ??? #Repost @misterryanadams with @repostapp ??? @keeleyelectronics Hooke Verb wow.... Some Star Wars shit over here wow by Keeley Electronics
- (2017-03-16) Keeley Electronics - Hooke Spring Reverb - Silver Face Pro Edition by Keeley Electronics