The El Rey Dorado was born from a collaboration between Robert Keeley of Keeley Electronics and Joe Leach of Riff City Guitar. While Robert was on a promo visit to Riff City for the release of the Caverns, the two began discussing the idea of a collaborative pedal. This discussion quickly became reality, and it was decided that the pedal they would create would be a Plexi-style overdrive that would compete with the most top-notch British Plexi tones on the market.
The El Rey Dorado, or "The Golden King" is now your go-to for anything and everything Plexi. Plexi amp tone obviously ranges due to differences in power, tubes, speakers, and/or cabs used, but the El Rey Dorado hits the bullseye when it comes to that core plexi tone. A huge resource for inspiration was a JTM 45/100 full stack - a reissue done by Marshall with custom-made vintage speakers and dual transformers to transfer the heavy load of four EL84s.
It covers a range of classic British amp tones with two gain modes and a Power toggle. The Power toggle switch allows you to have optimal control over compression and harmonics, and a tighter, more defined tone. Get old-school crunch in Low Power mode, and searing high leads in High Power mode.
- (2018-04-20) Keeley El Rey Dorado by Mike Hermans
- (2018-05-03) Keeley Electronics - El Rey Dorado Overdrive by Keeley Electronics
- (2018-05-15) Keeley Electronics - Jared James Nichols - El Rey Dorado Overdrive DIGF 2018 by Keeley Electronics
- (2018-05-17) Keeley El Rey Dorado - The King of Plexi Overdrive Pedals? by AndertonsMusic
- (2018-05-21) Keeley Electronics - Christone Kingfish Ingram - El Rey Dorado Overdrive DIGF 2018 by Keeley Electronics