The Ruby Red is a collaboration with one of our favorite artists, producers, and writers in the industry, Butch Walker. He is most known for his breakout work in the Marvelous 3, as well as his long list of producing successes afterward such as Pete Yorn, Pink, The Academy Is, Weezer, Panic! At The Disco, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Fallout Boy, Ryan Adams, and many more. As one of the busiest and most in-demand guys in the industry, when he isn't in the studio, he’s on a stage. Butch contacted us to let us know that he loved the SuperBolt and had been using it in session after session. We started a conversation about his live rig for upcoming dates, and the rest is history. He needed one pedal that could do everything he needed and do it in the simplest and easiest way possible. Primarily playing a cranked Deluxe Reverb and depending on his guitar’s volume control for much of his dynamics, the pedal had to respond like an amp as well as feel like it was an extension of his amp. This is how the Ruby Red was created.
Looking at the pedal, you see four knobs, two toggle switches, and two footswitches. Let's break down the function of each. The left side of the pedal is our SuperBolt overdrive. With a volume, tone, and drive control that lets you shape it as you desire. The Volume is a standard master volume, and it lets you cut or boost the overall output level of the effect. The Tone control gives you the ability to brighten or darken the overall tone of the circuit, and the Drive control is the amount of dirt created inside the circuit. The left toggle switch "+" adds more sag, compression, and gain to the circuit when desired and the left footswitch is the on/off switch for the SuperBolt giving you True Bypass operation of the effect. The right side of the pedal is a custom two-stage boost circuit that is perfect for slamming the front end of the SuperBolt or hitting your amp and creating natural breakup. The far right Boost knob controls the overall amount of boost in the circuit. The right toggle is an "order toggle" that lets you choose the order of the two effects (SuperBolt > Boost or Boost > SuperBolt) for personal preference and versatility. No matter what style music you play, the Ruby Red is a powerful tone shaping tool that will offer you everything from tone enhancement to boost, overdrive, distortion, and even fuzz.
Runs at standard DC Negative 9v operation.
- (2016-08-23) JHS Pedals, Ruby Red ...Butch Walker Signature 2-in-1 Overdrive pedal by JHS Pedals
- (2016-08-24) JHS Ruby Red Overdrive Pedal Review by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-08-24) JHS The Ruby Red Overdrive Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2016-08-30) JHS Pedals Ruby Red, a Butch Walker Signature 2-in-1 Overdrive/Boost by JHS Pedals
- (2016-08-30) JHS Pedal Ruby Red demo by Lance Seymour - Gear Talk by GearTalkChannel
- (2016-08-31) JHS Ruby Red Butch Walker Signature Pedal by shnobel
- (2016-08-31) JHS Ruby Red overdrive & boost demo Butch Walker Signature pedal by Gearmanndude
- (2016-09-03) JHS Pedals - Ruby Red Butch Walker Signature Overdrive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-09-05) JHS Pedals - Ruby Red (Butch Walker Signature) by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-09-14) JHS Calhoun vs Ruby Red by shnobel
- (2016-09-15) JHS Ruby Red by 60 Cycle Hum