Compression is the one effect that can make the difference between sounding polished and professional or just normal and part of the crowd. Most people discover that “studio” quality sound in their rigs for the first time when they add a good quality compressor. Our Pulp n Peel compressor is the perfect tool for adding dynamics, flavor and sustain no matter what rig you play.
As you may have guessed by our suave design, we based this comp off of a certain vintage design made famous back in the day. Most compressors you see are based off of the Ross/MXR design that yield a very squashed and almost heavy feel. The Pulp n Peel is not. With the PnP you will find that your guitars natural color and attack stay in place instead of being forced under a hard and un-transparent squash. Another advantage is its low noise floor and super headroom that allows it to be used as a boost in front of or behind your favorite overdrive/distortion or fuzz. The PnP excels in the fields of blues, jazz, funk and classic rock because of its natural transparency and cooperation with single coils as well as humbuckers. The controls are as simple as it gets with compression, volume and a clean blend knob to dial in your original untouched signal. This is a pedal that you will never want to turn off. Once you have experienced what it does to your rig, you will never be the same.
The new “Version 3” has an internal switch that allows you to turn off or on the already installed Little Black Buffer!
If you want a unique and classic approach to compression, you can't go wrong with the JHS Pulp N Peel.
- (2011-05-26) JHS Pedals Pulp n Peel compressor guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2011-07-31) JHS Pedals Pulp 'N Peel Compressor by JetCityMusic
- (2011-08-25) JHS Pedals Pulp n Peel Compressor by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-11-30) JHS Pulp N' Peel Compressor Pedal Demo by Tone Factor
- (2012-12-22) JHS Pedals Pulp n' Peel Compressor by Prymaxe
- (2013-09-05) Review - JHS Pedals Pulp N Peel by baxshopnl
- (2013-12-07) JHS Pulp n Peel by Curtis Kent Toneworks
- (2014-06-04) JHS Pulp N Peel Compressor Pedal Demo - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2014-09-03) JHS Pulp 'N' Peel Compressor by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-02-18) JHS Pedals Pulp 'N' Peel (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2015-09-21) JHS Pulp 'n' Peel Compressor by reverbmarket
- (2016-01-21) JHS Pedals Pulp N Peel V4 (Compressor / Preamp) by JHS Pedals
- (2016-03-02) NAMM '16 - JHS Pulp 'N' Peel V4, ?See Saw? Modular Volume Control, SuperBolt V2 Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2016-03-11) JHS Pedals Pulp n' Peel V4 Compressor by shnobel
- (2016-03-16) JHS Pedals Pulp 'N' Peel V4 Compressor / Preamp demo by Lance Seymour - GearTalk by GearTalkChannel
- (2016-03-21) JHS Pedals Pulp N Peel V4 Compressor / Preamp by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-03-22) Did you know we have a new Pulp N Peel Compressor/PreAmp pedal??? Did you know there are 6+ demo videos available to check it out!!! ?go do it!!! https://www.jhspedals.com/products/guitar-pedals/pulpnpeel/ by JHS Pedals
- (2016-03-24) JHS WEEK - Pulp 'N' Peel Compressor v4 by JayLeonardJuatco
- (2016-03-25) JHS PULP N PEEL Compressor V4 demo with Telecaster by Gearmanndude
- (2016-04-09) JHS Pedals Pulp n Peel V4 Di Acoustic Guitar by shnobel
- (2016-04-18) JHS Pulp n' Peel V4 Bass Demo by shnobel
- (2016-04-20) I spot a orange architect underneath the @jhspedals pulp-n-peel by Matthews Effects
- (2016-04-28) JHS Pedals Pulp 'N' Peel V4 (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-05-12) 2 Part Performance Demo - JHS Pedals - Pulp 'n' Peel V4 - Featuring Landon Jordan by GearTalkChannel
- (2016-07-19) JHS Pedals Pulp 'N' Peel V3 VS Pulp 'N' Peel V4 (comparison) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-08-10) JHS Pedals Pulp 'n' Peel V4 | guitar and bass demo by JJ Likes Guitar