JHS Pedals about the 2017 model
The original Pink Panther was one of the early JHS pedals in our line and was the first JHS delay pedal dating back to 2007-2008. The new Pink Panther is now the continuation of our delay line, and it embraces our goal to bring you a highly versatile, simple and unique line of delay pedals. The original 2007-2008 era rare/original units sell used for upwards of $500, so we thought it was time to go back to the drawing board to bring you what we consider the ultimate JHS reissue nearly ten years later. While the Panther Delay (large box, silver) and Panther Cub V1.5 (smaller box, teal) offer up authentic and genuine bucket brigade analog goodness, the Pink Panther takes a different approach: unashamed digital processing. Some of our favorite delay pedals ever made are early digital delays like the Boss DD-5, Ibanez DE7, DDL and the DOD DFX9. We think that the Pink Panther tips its hat to those units that replicate, effect and mold your guitar tone into something that only digital delay can. With a small footprint, loads of features and a simplistic user experience, we believe the search for the perfect delay is over!
- 1 Second of Delay Time
- Tape or Digital Clean Modes
- Two Types of Modulation
- Dark EQ Knob for Repeats
- On-board Tap Tempo
- Top Mounted Input/Output Jacks
- External Tap Tempo Jack
- 4 Subdivisions (1/4, dotted 1/8, 1/8, Triplets)
- Small compact footprint
- Standard 9V DC Negative power
Let's take a look at the Controls:
- TIME = Manually control the speed of repeats. The Pink Panther goes from the shortest slapback echoes all the way to one full second of delay time. (Note: This is a digital delay with no intention of giving you smooth spaceship oscillations as you turn the time/speed control, that's the Panther Cub's job)
- DARK = This control allows you to darken or brighten the delayed/effected signal only. When fully clockwise you have an untouched, pure digital repeat. When fully counter-clockwise you get a dark, hidden and low-fi, but still very usable echo. Experiment with all the in between to find your sound!
- MOD TOGGLE = The Mod toggle gives you three options. There are two types of modulation or movement on the delayed signal and a Modulation Off setting. Toggle down is "Mod 1” and is a light and subtle slightly shimmery modulation. Toggle middle is “Modulation-Off” which bypasses the Mod effect. Toggle up is "Mod 2” and is a deeper more intense warble for more movement and depth of movement on the delayed signal.
- MIX = The Mix control effects the overall effect level of the Pink Panther repeats. At 12’noon and below, you are mixing in repeats both below and right up to unity gain. Above noon, the repeats will be slightly boosted. Fully clockwise on the Mix knob will be fully wet and no dry signal.
- RATIO = Choose your subdivisions relative to the tap tempo that you tap in using the on-board tap switch and/or an external Tap. Choose between quarter notes, dotted-eighth, eighth, and triplets.
- REPEATS = This controls the number of repeats or echoes.
- DIGITAL/TAPE SWITCH = This switch lets you choose between clear, clean and perfect digital delay or our tape delay mode. The tape delay mode has a slightly saturated and compressed feel that perfectly replicates the sound of a vintage tape machine echo unit.
Look no further; the Pink Panther is here to stay!
- (2010-02-10) JHS Pink Panther Delay (Discontinued) by JHS Pedals
- (2017-04-12) Top Secret Post. For your eyes only... We are wrapping up a brand new tap-tempo delay pedal, might *possibly* ship as early as mid May... 2 types of Modulation ?? 4 Subdivisions ?? EQ/Tone for repeats ?? Clean Digital Mode & Tape Mode ?? Full wet - Full by JHS Pedals
- (2017-04-25) wrapping up a brand new tap-tempo delay pedal, might possibly ship as early as mid/late May... 2 types of Modulation ?? 4 Subdivisions ?? EQ/Tone for repeats ?? Clean Digital Mode & Tape Mode ?? Full wet - Full dry Mix ?? Top Mounted In/Out Jacks ?? Tons by JHS Pedals
- (2017-04-26) proto magic still happening. Really looking forward to this spring/summers releases....here's another taste of our digital delay on the way... by JHS Pedals
- (2017-06-12) JHS Pink Panther digital/tape delay pedal - demo by RJ Ronquillo by steelronkeel
- (2017-06-12) JHS Pedals, Pink Panther Delay by JHS Pedals
- (2017-06-12) JHS Pedals, Pink Panther Delay quick listen... by JHS Pedals
- (2017-06-12) JHS The Pink Panther Digital Delay by reverbmarket
- (2017-06-12) JHS Pink Panther Delay Pedal Review by Sweetwater Sound
- (2017-06-12) Pink Panther Delay? Quick listen / 1st Look by JHS Pedals
- (2017-06-12) JHS Pink Panther Delay by popintothechemist
- (2017-06-12) JHS Pedals Pink Panther (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2017-06-12) Little Pink Panther Delay trailer.... by JHS Pedals
- (2017-06-15) JHS Pedals Pink Panther Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-06-21) You can still win the Pink Panther Delay from JHS Pedals Here's what to do: 1. Go to http://smarturl.it/freepedal and officially enter. 2. Like AND share this post! 3. Depeche Mode or Duran Duran (optional) by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-06-22) COMBOS: "Pink Panther and Panther Cub" by JHS Pedals
- (2017-07-09) The reissue of the long-forgotten Pink Panther doubles down on the controls and halves the size. http://proguitarshop.com/jhs-pedals-pink-panther-delay.html by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-07-15) SNAMM '17 - JHS Pedals Pink Panther Delay, Moonshine Overdrive, Sweet Tea, and Double Barrel Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2017-07-16) JHS Pink Panther VS Walrus Audio ARP-87 (comparison) by Livingroom Demos
- (2017-07-19) JHS Pink Panther Delay - Pepismusic by Pepis Music
- (2017-07-27) JHS Pink Panther Delay Quick Listen Video Demo by Shawn Tubbs by Shawn Tubbs