Quad-voice Pitch Detuner
Create massive, multi-faceted and shimmering sounds with the Polytope four-voice detuner. The Polytope creates up to four copies of the input signal which can be detuned in pitch from subtle thickening to huge multi-voice detuned synth sounds. The voices are identical to the input in timbre and respond perfectly to polyphonic signals. No dedicated pedal has yet been able to create these static detuned sounds. In addition to the static detune mode, the included LFO (low frequency oscillator) can be used to sweep the pitches of all four voices to create wide and deep chorus ensembles when combined with the clean signal.
Removing the clean signal allows for true pitch vibrato, from slight wavering to tape-style wow and flutter, slow seasick wobbles and high speed FM synth-style modulation. A highpass filter allows the user to apply the detuning only to high frequencies. As with all Iron Ether pedals, the controls are extremely wide-ranging, covering classic sounds and extending into spaced-out madness.
- Detune – Controls the amount of pitch shift away from the original note. The Range switch sets the range of this knob; the lower setting covers under a half-step for thick, multi-voice synth sounds. The higher setting allows the pitch to be shifted multiple semitones up and down (in multi-voice modes). In modulation mode, this controls the depth of the pitch sweeping.
- Voices – This knob fades up the volume of each detune voice in sequence, starting with one voice shifting up from the original pitch, then adding a down-shifting voice. Voices 3 and 4 are additional upward and downward voices, respectively, which are twice as far from the original note as 1+2.
- Filter – This control sets the cutoff frequency of a highpass filter before the detuning. This can be used to remove beating that can happen with bass-heavy detuning, or to apply the detuning only to upper harmonics of a signal, as well as for creating unique special effects.
- Clean – Controls the volume of the clean signal. Adding the clean signal in creates detune or chorus sounds – removing it creates vibrato.
- Voice vol – Controls the volume of the detuned voices.
- Speed – In modulation mode, this controls the speed of the LFO which sweeps the pitch up and down. Ranges from very slow, one cycle over many seconds, up to low audio frequencies.
- Mod – This switch chooses between static detuner mode (0 for modulation off) or modulation mode (1 for modulation on).
- Measures 4.7? x 2.5? (12cm x 6.3cm). Runs on industry-standard 9 volt DC center negative power supply.
- Relay-based true bypass.
- Audio and power jacks on the top of the pedal to save even more pedalboard space.
- (2012-01-10) Iron Ether Polytope - BASS Demo - Part 1 by MrExcane
- (2012-01-10) Iron Ether Polytope - BASS Demo - Part 2 by MrExcane
- (2012-01-10) Iron Ether Polytope - Oxide Fuzz - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2012-01-10) Iron Ether Polytope - FrantaBit - BASS Demo by MrExcane
- (2012-03-07) Infanem Second Voice - Iron Ether Polytope - BASS with FULL MIX by MrExcane
- (2012-04-04) Sunmachine Effects Walküre Fuzz - Iron Ether Polytope - BASS with FULL MIX by MrExcane
- (2012-04-04) Mountainking Electronics Huge Box II - Iron Ether Polytope - BASS with FULL MIX by MrExcane
- (2012-06-09) Iron Ether Polytope Quad-voiced pitch detuner by Prymaxe
- (2016-12-13) Iron Ether Polytope by The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show!