Hungry Robot Pedals
The Kármán Line is a modulating joystick delay and oscillation device that features a heavily filtered, lo-fi delay line with vinyl inspired pitch modulation.
The repeats on The Kármán Line are dark and overdriven. The not-so-subtle grittiness provides the perfect tone for creating a deeply textured, lo-fi wall-of-sound. The Kármán Line was designed for glitchy experimentalists, but can find its place in many musical settings.
The Kármán Line features vinyl-esque pitch modulation centered on an all analog, light-based LFO. The modulation mimics the sound of slowing down a record player with your finger. The modulation can go from subtle to extreme, borderline obnoxious (in a good way) pitch bending.
The most intriguing aspect of The Kármán Line is the implementation of a joystick. The Kármán Line employs a delay chip that creates an audible warp as you manipulate the delay time, controlled by the Y-Axis of the joystick. The X-Axis controls the rate of modulation.
The "Swell" footswitch (center) and "Launch" footswitch (right) provide two methods for bringing the circuit into ramping oscillation. Both footswitches work by overloading the circuit with out-of-control repeats (a.k.a. oscillation).
The "Swell" footswitch is a momentary switch that allows you to create a ramping volume swell at any time. It lets the repeats crash into each other, getting louder and louder with each repeat. When you let go, the repeats return to their normal setting.
The "Launch" footswitch is a latching switch that creates a below the mix oscillation that can be manipulated with the joystick for outer space noises. The joystick also acts as a pitch selector. With the "Launch" switch activated, the O.Mix knob overrides the Mix knob to allow you to dampen the volume of the oscillation.
Attention: Max delay time is just under 500ms in "GUITAR MODE" and 1000ms in "BASS MODE." Mode is controlled by an internal dipswitch. Please read manual for more information.
- (2016-01-30) What I love about the Kármán line is that you can go from a beautiful wet, modulating delay ... To this ... by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2016-06-24) Hungry Robot Pedals The Kármán Line (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-06-27) The Karman Line by Hungry Robot Pedals by Nathan Shafer
- (2016-06-28) Check out new @echoechoguy Demo of The Kármán Line. The intro is killer. Link for full demo in my profile or just got to @echoechoguy YouTube page. by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2016-06-30) Hungry Robot The Ka?rma?n Line [modulating delay/oscillation device] by JustNickMusic
- (2016-07-01) @justnickjaffe just released his demo of The Kármán Line which is now available on the website. This clip shows the "swell" switch in action as well as some very deep modulation. by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2016-07-01) @justnickjaffe explaining the "Swell" and "Launch" switches. by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2016-07-05) Hungry Robot The Kármán Line guitar, drum machine and bass demo by East Stomp Boutique
- (2016-07-06) @livingroomgeardemos playing through The Kármán Line with the "Launch" switch on allowing for a below the mix droning self-oscillation pad. by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2016-08-01) SNAMM '16 - Hungry Robot Pedals the Wash & the Kármán Line Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2016-09-03) #Repost @questmusique with @repostapp ??? Playing around with the Karman Line Delay from @hungryrobotpedals! Super cool delay! by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2016-12-12) Hungry Robot Pedals The Ka?rma?n Line Guitar Effects Pedal Demo by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-12-17) In case you missed it, @pedaloftheday did a demo this week of The Kármán Line. Check out his YouTube page for the full demo. by Hungry Robot Pedals
- (2017-03-05) Hungry Robot Pedals Kármán Line by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2017-04-10) Pedals And Effects: The Kármán Line by Hungry Robot Pedals by PedalsAndEffects
- (2017-05-14) Massive batch of Wash and Kármán heading off to Canada next week!! by Hungry Robot Pedals