What is Xtomp?
Xtomp is an ultrathin effects pedal stompbox that simulates all kinds of iconic classic, vintage, and modern pedals through its growing effects library of over 300 models. Xtomp uses an iOS app to manage all your effects and transfers them to your stompbox via Bluetooth.
This powerful pedal lets you get creative by giving you access to both modern, cutting edge units and rare, out of production pedals of lore.
At any given time, it is always that "one" pedal you need:
- Your secret weapon
- The effect that comes to mind in a jam setting or on the fly
- That pedal you could never afford or track down
- Your ticket to experimenting with different tones
- The classic tool for your home studio
And you can have it NOW, with no cables or computers
- Ultrathin design
- Relay based true bypass footswitch with halo LED
- 6 Knobs with halo LED
- Stereo I/O (L: Relay True Bypass, R: Buffered Bypass (analog))
- Free iOS app for loading effects Growing effects library for downloading algorithms via iOS app (Android version coming soon)
- 9V DC power supply
Why should it be considered among the top products of 2015?
Hotone's new Comprehensive Dynamic Circuit Modeling (CDCM) system technology, which processes various incoming signals dynamically, is unlike current modeling systems which use the same modeling circuit regardless of the signal. CDCM allows for larger and more complex modeling algorithms, which equals more realistic and natural tone. There has never been anything like this in tone modeling before!
Have you ever wanted to get a classic effects pedal but just couldn't afford it? Or searched the depths of eBay but couldn't find that vintage pedal you're after? Are those sounds only available in your classic record collection, never to be enjoyed by your own guitar? Isn't there any way to access those righteous effects?
The Tech Story
As early as 2001, the Hotone team was brainstorming on how to model those old classic pedal and amp tones. The brainstorming turned into a complex and drawn out research based technological pursuit. Even as other companies were developing tone modeling, Hotone was set on answering the question of how to get tones just like those original products.
The majority of mainstream modeling methodology is based on certain circuit theory analysis modeling algorithms. These algorithms can successfully model a circuit's characteristics in staticstate, creating tones close to the original sound. But the catch here is the "static state". The characteristics of static circuitry hardly ever reflect a circuit's dynamic performance, and thus only ever come "close" to the modeled sound; they are never indistinguishable.
Hotone spent the last ten years realizing a modeling approach based on dynamic featured circuitry. In 2003, the core Hotone team began work on effects pedal model modeling and produced an amp modeling multi-effects unit based on the earliest circuit modeling technology later that year. In 2004, the team began deeper research into amp modeling and developed technology for products for other brands.
In 2007, Hotone produced a digital stompbox with upgraded circuit modeling technology and in 2010 came out with another, based on next generation circuit modeling technology.
Now in 2015, Hotone is showing off the new era Xtomp, the fruit of a decade of circuit modeling research and development, which employs our very own Comprehensive Dynamic Circuit Modeling (CDCM) system. CDCM has constructed an extremely complex dynamic variation matrix, able to realistically express every detailed change that occurs during the operational process of actual circuitry.
That is to say, as Xtomp is operating, the models at work within it are constantly changing rather than remaining fixed. This matrix will adjust its own modeling parameters and even framework based on the instrument input signal range, signal frequency, knob position, the instrument's own impedance, and other variable parameters, all to achieve the closest possible characteristics of actual circuitry.
In order to capture the most meaningful tones, Hotone spent most of its resources in obtaining those classic effects which have long since disappeared from the market. Even as most of the original casings are but a shadow of their former glory, with their circuitry intact, the tones they produce have only become more coveted with time. And here we'd like to thank every one who lent their vintage effects to our modeling research. Each tone found in Xtomp was meticulously tested, measured, and compared by the Hotone team to guarantee it's likeness to the original.
Xtomp is a breakthrough product and represents the accumulation of Hotone's technological strengths. As such, the team paid a great deal of attention to its visual and structural design. Having undergone several design revisions, Hotone decided on its central features: an extremely thin zinc alloy casing, a silver sand blasted finish, futuristic streamlined edging, a sci-tech logo, multi color LED halo-surrounded metal knobs, wide brass alloy kickswitch (also with LED halo), and stereo I/O jacks (L: Relay True Bypass, R: Buffer Bypass).
Xtomp is an ultrathin effects pedal stompbox that simulates all kinds of iconic classic, vintage, and modern pedals through its growing effects library of over 300 models. Users can update and even contribute to the library. Xtomp uses an iOS app (Android version coming soon) to manage all your effects and transfers them to your stompbox via Bluetooth. A USB port allows for firmware updates and future Xtomp function upgrades. Guitarists, bassists, keyboard players, singers, DJs, and producers will all find the Xtomp an invaluable tool.
Musicians of all kinds love simple-to-operate gear. It lets them focus on the fun of making music. With that in mind, Hotone partnered with world-class mobile music software giant EUM Lab to develop a smart but simple user interface: all you have to do is go in, find the pedal model you want, and put it in the Xtomp with the touch of a button. Adjust the Xtomp knobs to your liking, and you're ready to rock.
- (2015-01-28) Hotone Xtomp Prototype at NAMM 2015 by AndertonsMusic
- (2015-10-23) Xtomp App Demo by psychocandymars
- (2016-01-27) Hotone Xtomp - NAMM 2016 by AndertonsMusic
- (2016-04-09) MusikMesse 2016: Hotone Xtomp Pedal by Gear4music
- (2016-04-22) Hotone Xtomp VS Providence SOV2 STAMPEDE OD by GuitarCubeChina
- (2016-04-22) Hotone Xtomp - Marshall 412 Cab Simulation by GuitarCubeChina
- (2016-04-22) Hotone XTOMP Concept Video by Hotone Audio
- (2016-04-22) Hotone Xtomp Pure Eko Delay Model demo by GuitarCubeChina
- (2016-04-24) XTOMP - Neil Zaza shows off his pedal by Hotone Audio
- (2016-04-25) XTOMP concept video - Official launch by Hotone Audio
- (2016-04-27) Hotone XTOMP Products Release -Neil Zaza Live by GuitarCubeChina
- (2016-04-28) Hotone XTOMP with Maton EBG808TE acoustic guitar by GuitarCubeChina
- (2016-04-29) XTOMP IS COMING! by Hotone Audio
- (2016-04-29) Hotone XTOMP Products Release -Neil Zaza demo by GuitarCubeChina
- (2016-04-30) XTOMP - Media release by Hotone Audio
- (2016-05-24) Hotone Xtomp - A Zillion Guitar Pedals in One (Almost)!! by RobChappers
- (2016-05-27) XTOMP - Library Update by Hotone Audio
- (2016-05-31) XTOMP - PLAYTROUGH / NEIL ZAZA - SOMEWHERE IN TIME by Hotone Audio
- (2016-06-01) XTOMP Demo - ?Somewhere in Time" Performed by Neil Zaza by Hotone Audio
- (2016-06-15) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.1 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-06-21) Hotone XTOMP by Jake Cloudchair
- (2016-06-27) XTOMP ?????????????? by allaccesscojp
- (2016-07-02) HOTONE XTOMP ????????????? by Ishibashi
- (2016-07-11) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.2 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-07-19) Hotone Xtomp Multi-Effects Pedal by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-07-20) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.3 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-08-04) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.4 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-08-08) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.5 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-08-08) Neil Zaza on the XTOMP update by Hotone Audio
- (2016-08-10) Hotone Xtomp Effects Pedal Unboxing by intheblues
- (2016-08-12) Hotone XTomp - Everything you need to know (with 3 XTomps) by EytschPi42
- (2016-08-15) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.6 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-08-17) Hotone XTomp Effects Pedal - All Overdrive, Distortion, and Fuzz Patches by intheblues
- (2016-08-24) Hotone XTomp Modulation Effects, EQ's, Phasers, Tremolo and more by intheblues
- (2016-08-29) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.7 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-08-31) Hotone XTomp Delay, Reverbs, and Combinations by intheblues
- (2016-09-20) Hotone Xtomp Multi Effect Pedal Overview by Sam Ash
- (2016-09-21) Hotone XTOMP - Demo by fluff191
- (2016-09-23) XTOMP - Models Preview - Vol.8 by Hotone Audio
- (2016-09-26) Hotone XStomp Demo by Sam Ash
- (2016-10-03) Hotone Xtomp Blue Tooth multi effect pedal : focus on Cabinet Simulators by Gearmanndude
- (2016-10-04) Hotone Audio XTOMP Bluetooth multi effect pedal FX PEDAL RUN THROUGH by Gearmanndude
- (2016-10-06) Hotone Xtomp USB Multi Effect demo : focus on Vox AC-30 style amp & assorted Cabinets by Gearmanndude
- (2016-10-14) Hotone Audio: XTOMP by Burgerman666