Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
Vibe-Bro is a modern day version of the Honey and Shin-ei Uni-Vibe made popular in the 1960's by iconic guitarists Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour and Robin Trower to name a few.
Engineered and built to the highest standards possible, Vibe-Bro nails that old vintage vibe tone guitarists lust after.
Currently, Vibe-Bro can be seen and heard on the pedal boards of Eric Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Doyle Bramhall II, and Phil Brown.
Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
IT'S THE 60'S ALL OVER AGAIN!
It's been forty years since Shin-ei produced the Uni-Vibe, and time has now taken us full circle. We are proud to announce the availability of our new chorus/vibrato effect, "Vibe-Bro". Vibe-Bro nails the tone, look, feel, sound and that indefinable "chocolate smoke" only found in the early production vintage Honey and Shin-ei, Uni-Vibe effects. Made popular in the 60's by iconic guitar legends Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, and Robin Trower to name a few, the original Honey and Shin-ei "vibes" are legendary and coveted by those who play live and record with vintage effects. Vibe-Bro's deep, luscious warmth and trademark pulsating bottom end will take you back to the day when analog ruled, and pure tone was yet-to-be compromised by the dawn of the digital world. Engineered with the goal of achieving the ultimate tone and replication of the sound of our historic Honey and Shin-ei vintage Uni-Vibe units, Vibe-Bro will more than meet the expectations of the serious musician. So plug it in and fire this baby up! Your ears will be glad you did!
Vibe-Bro is the result of several years of intense planning, experimentation and plain old down and dirty hard work. Created by a team of respected industry professionals, we wanted to recreate the past as closely as possible (we are "old school" guys) and yet add some modern day design techniques without denigrating the natural tone and personality of the original circuit. It was not easy. Design changes were made up until the last minute (and will constantly be made when needed) to give the player a truly great tonal and playable experience.
Every Vibe-Bro is hand built by a team who really cares about quality. Sometimes several hours are spent by the "Shin-ei Tone Team" tweaking a unit for its maximum goodness. Vibe-Bro is not going to be a mass produced effects pedal. Production numbers are small so great care can be taken to voice each individual unit as close to the originals as possible. We want the user to be able to stand Vibe-bro side by side next to our original vintage vibe units and hear no noticeable difference. We believe we have achieved that goal. When you play one, we think you will too.
We've added some desirable features to the Vibe-Bro complementing its original iconic design:
- TRUE BYPASS - You want "TRUE BYPASS" ability? You got it!
- VINTAGE PREAMP SIGNAL PATH - You want to include the original "PREAMP" circuit as part of your signal path when the effect is off? No problem!
- FLEXIBILITY - Our innovative circuitry has made it possible to use the device in either the "TRUE BYPASS" or the original vintage vibe circuit "PREAMP" mode when the front footswitch is in the OFF position. Just set the "BYPASS-PREAMP" slider switch on the back panel of the unit to your signal path of choice. To our knowledge, this is a unique feature not found on any other currently produced vintage style chorus/vibrato unit.
- SIZE MATTERS - Vibe-Bro has been engineered to be pedal board friendly. Measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" x 2 1/2" it will take up about 20% less space than an original Uni-Vibe. Speaking of size, we have chosen a very small signal path switch for the back of the unit. The user will need a small key or screwdriver to set the signal path choice. We designed this intentionally so the switch could not be broken or the signal path accidentally changed from its desired choice.
- QUALITY UNDER THE HOOD - Vibe-Bro has been built using many NOS electronic parts, electronic components and original Shin -ei "old school" flavoring. Check out the footswitch! It features the "Shin-ei" logo on it just like many of our pedals did back in the day! Early Vibe-Bro production units will include a super rare and original NOS Red/White Miyama Chorus/Vibrato switch as well as a Miyama on/off switch, just like the original units did almost fifty years ago. Some of these older parts are impossible to find and only divine audio intervention by the "Vibe Gods" has made this possible.
- SHE COMES IN COLORS - Vibe-Bro is currently available in "VINTAGE BLACK" and "MACHINE GUN GRAY".
- VIBE-BRO SPEAKS OTHER LANGUAGES - Vibe-Bro is now available in international voltages. Available voltages for international use will be 100V, 220V and 240V. Due to international regulations and the vast amount of different wall connecting plugs used around the world, we regretfully can't supply the detachable IEC wall power cable with the purchase of our international units.
In order to keep the Vibe-Bro as quiet and hum free as possible we have the ground pin on all our units (both U.S. and International) disconnected. This in effect for example, makes the U.S. version of an IEC wall cable a polarized two prong plug just like original vintage Uni-Vibes (and like old Fender 50's and 60's amplifiers). If we were to connect the third pin to ground the unit would have an incredible amount of 60 cycle hum. For safety reasons please take note of this when connecting and using your international version.
NOTE:The proper IEC cable connection plug for a Vibe-Bro is a C13 IEC model. Please contact us if you need further help in identifying the proper IEC connection plug for your international unit.
SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL
Vibe-Bro is offered with an optional vintage period designed speed control foot pedal. Engineered to the specs of the original first year Honey Uni-Vibe "DOUBLE RUBBER" series, the controller varies the speed of the effect. When rocked backward into "CANCEL MODE", the effect will be disabled but the signal will still pass through the "PREAMP" stage of the unit just like the original units of the 60's. When connected, the speed control foot pedal will function normally regardless of where the rear Bypass-Preamp switch is set.
Our speed control foot pedals comes in two different models:
- The "VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL" - Designed exclusively for use with the Vibe-Bro, this model features a right angled din connector keeping those with spastic feet as far away as possible from the connector while stepping on the front footswitch. The "VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL" comes with matching color top and bottom halves.
For those who favor a more vintage look, a "CHROME TOP OPTION" will be available for a short time only until supplies run out. Like the Vibe-Bro, the VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL is available in VINTAGE BLACK and MACHINE GUN GRAY.
- THE "SHIN-EI "HONEY SERIES" VINTAGE SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL" - A super accurate, direct vintage replacement for those who have vintage 1960/70's Uni-Vibe units in need of an original design pedal. This model features an NOS RED AND BLACK CANCEL SWITCH just like the switch found on the original vintage models forty years ago. The SHIN-EI "HONEY SERIES" VINTAGE SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL is finished in a texture very similar to our 1960's and 70's vintage units and is only available in "VINTAGE SHIN-EI GRAY.
VIBE-BRO IS INTELLIGENT
When the speed control foot pedal is plugged into the unit, Vibe-Bro senses this and immediately disables the speed control knob on the front control panel. The rear Bypass-Preamp switch is non-functional when the effect is on and the foot pedal is engaged. Whatever state the rear Bypass-Preamp switch is currenty set to will be the status of the front footswitch when it is stepped on to turn the effect off. When the speed control foot pedal is not plugged into the unit, the speed knob will be functional when the effect is enabled. When the effect is disabled and the rear signal path switch is set to "PREAMP", the volume knob will be functional just like our original vintage units.
NOTE: The VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL and the SHIN-EI "HONEY SERIES" VINTAGE SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL are "NOT" interchangeable. They are separate models designed and wired uniquely for their intended devices. Please make sure you order the correct foot control pedal for your device.
- VIBE-BRO DIMENSIONS - 8.5" X 5.5" X 2.5" (21.59cm X 13.97cm X 6.35cm)
- VIBE-BRO WEIGHT - 3 lbs. 10 oz. (1.6 Kgm)
- VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL DIMENSIONS - 9.5" X 3.8" (widest point) X 1.5" (tallest point) (24.13cm X 9.65 cm X 2.54cm)
- VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL WEIGHT - 1 lbs. 12 oz. (.80 Kgm)
- VIBE-BRO SPEED CONTROL FOOT PEDAL WEIGHT WITH CHROME TOP - 2 lbs. 4 oz. (1.02 Kgm)
- VIBE-BRO ELECTRONICS - Vibe-Bro runs on 120V, the standard current in North America. A removable IEC wall cable is provided with each unit manufactured for use in North America. In order to prevent hum and to keep the Vibe-Bro consistent with the design of the original Uni-Vibe, the ground on the third pin is not connected. Basically, the unit functions as if it has a vintage two prong plug with one side of the plug being larger than the other for proper ground orientation (known as a “polarized” plug). For safety reasons, please do not attempt to use a ground lift plug or alter the IEC cable in any way to reverse the polarity of the electrical connection. Opening the unit voids the warranty.
- (2016-02-08) KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD - USING SHIN-EI® VIBE-BRO? EFFECT PEDAL by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-02-26) Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Playing Shin-ei Vibe-Bro - 2/25/16 by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-02-27) Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Shin-ei Vibe-bro Demo by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-03-04) Testing Doyle Bramhall II's Shin-ei Vibe-Bro? by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-03-14) Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Shin-ei Vibe-Bro by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-05-09) Shin-ei Vibe-Bro Demo 2 - Phil Brown by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-05-09) Shin-ei Vibe-Bro Demo 1 - Phil Brown by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-05-17) Shin-ei Vibe-Bro Demo - Carson Brock by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-05-19) Shin-ei Vibe-Bro by Retro Channel
- (2016-06-27) SHIN-EI VIBE BRO DEMO. by RACKDOCTOR
- (2016-07-08) SHIN-EI VIBE BRO DEMO II. by RACKDOCTOR
- (2016-07-10) SHIN EI VIBE BRO DEMO II ? L.A. SOUND DESIGN by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-07-10) SHIN-EI VIBE-BRO DEMO II ? L. A. SOUND DESIGN by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-07-14) SHIN-EI VIBE-BRO AND BERKOS THIRD STONE FUZZ DEMO by Honey Shin-Ei LLC.
- (2016-07-31) Our resident guru of all things "Vibe", Dustin Sears, posted this clip today sent to us by guitarist Mike McGraw...Pretty spacey stuff!
- (2016-08-01) Shin-Ei Vibe-Bro Vintage Chorus-Vibrato Guitar Effects Pedal Demo by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-08-24) Vibe-Bro Demo