Mr. Nutcracker is a full range Booster/Tone Enhancer with a built in high grade, adjustable optical compressor. Mr. Nutcracker's wide gain/volume range, coupled with the well balanced compressor makes it like a box of chocolate for musicians. Use Mr. Nutcracker to get bite and sustain, or to add that magic sparkle. If you think any kind of compression sucks, turn down the 'Comp' control to get it out of the way and use Mr. Nutcracker as a dynamic booster/enhancer/overdriver! Most likely, though, you will soon recognize yourself turning that knob up again as you suddenly started to like 'compression'.
And if you play the bass it's a good idea to check out Mr. Nutcracker, as it sounds great for guitars and for bass guitars!
- Gain—Gain control/compressor sensitivity (clean into light overdrive)
- Comp—Compressor control (optical compressor)
- Treble—Upper frequencies control (passive treble cut)
- Volume—Output level
- Low—Low end character (passive/3 way toggle switch)
- Mode—Compressor character/string attack (2 way toggle switch)
- GIMME—true bypass switching (push switch)
- All original and handmade Himmelstrutz design. Based on its mother/predecessor, the unforgettable Miss Nutcracker
- Mechanical (true) bypass switching, ON indicated with a blue LED
- External knobs: 'Gain, 'Comp', 'Treble', 'Volume'
- External toggles: 'Mode' & 'Bass'
- Optical compressor—appr. 10ms attack/100ms release—indicated with a minimal green LED. With 'Comp' control set to zero the compressor is eliminated
- Power Consumption: 9 V DC/1-3 mA (= rich battery life). Battery included.
- AC Adapter (Optional): 5-18 V DC, center-pin negative (Straight plug, BOSS Standard connection, regulated power supply)
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 111,6/61,6/50,0 mm (4,37/2,4/1,9 In)
- Weight: 450 grams/0,99 lbs—heavy!
- Colour, finish: May vary depending on season and reason. April 2012: 'Stockholm White' (RAL 9010)
- (2012-09-25) Himmelstrutz Mr. Nutcracker (Mode: Low String Attack-1) - Gretsch 6120 / 50 Watt Plexi Style Amp by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art
- (2012-09-26) Himmelstrutz Mr. Nutcracker (Toggles Switch Modes) - Gretsch 6120 / 50 Watt Plexi Style Amp by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art
- (2012-09-26) Himmelstrutz Mr. Nutcracker pushing Fetto Custom - Gretsch 6120 / 50 Watt Plexi Style Amp by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art
- (2016-01-15) 15 Jan 2016 ?? Bypass / Paco / Paco, Mister Nutcracker, Gekko by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art
- (2016-03-20) Paco?Mr Nutcracker?Fetto SC?Gekko?Clean EL34 amp by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art
- (2016-11-28) 28 Nov 2016 ??Gibson SG & MR. NUTCRACKER & FETTO Nord+ & GEKKO by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art
- (2016-12-01) 1 Dec 2016: Mr. NutCracker #1606 FirstTest by Himmelstrutz Elektro Art