FETTO Deluxe is an overdrive/distortion pedal in the Marshall league. Just like its proud brother FETTO it generates rough overdrives / distortions, rich in harmonics.
FETTO Deluxe is evil in a pleasant way and very tube-like. This has been said before here and by pedal makers but with FETTO Deluxe you will be surprised how easy it is to get creamy, punchy distortions also on low volumes. It's definitely a good choice if you like old Marshall-type-of amplifiers and need to push it a bit harder.
Just like with FETTO you will get good string separation, all the way from smooth overdrive to heavy distortion. And you will never lose the character of your instrument / amplifier — and it's designed to match the volume control on your guitar just perfect. Many pedals sounds just like the name says: like a pedal. That's not the case with FETTO Deluxe, which sounds like an extension of your amplifier. Did you hear this before? Well, this time it's true.
Compared to FETTO, the Deluxe has more outboard gear and more sound possibilities. It also has several adjustments (four trimmers) hidden under the bonnet, so it can be tailored and fine-tuned to match its users taste and equipment. FETTO Deluxe also works very well in company with Miss Nutcracker and Under Over.
- The CORE control, which gives this pedal a wide range of sounds, from compressed to dynamic. Compression / dynamics are widely discussed topics, so the best way to explain FETTO Deluxe's Core control is to say it has a "subtle" effect on the sound that very much affects the feel. And what could be more important than the feel?
- The function of the Core control equates to the difference in feel between low and high wattage amps, where the low wattage amp (Core minimum) distorts more quickly and the high wattage amp (Core maximum) has more headroom.
- The MORE footswitch, which gives MORE of FETTO Deluxe: MORE Drive or Volume — or both. The amount of MORE Drive and MORE Volume is adjustable inside with 2 trimmers. This switch, which works like a flexible booster, is perfect to cut through when you play the solo, or if you want to switch between two rhythm sounds with different amounts of distortion, like switching between the 70's and the 80's. There are many ways to use this switch, but it will always give you MORE.
- The LOWDRIVE control — distortion character, from "thin" to "fat" — like switching between diffent kind of speaker cabinets.
- The MID toggle switch — gives more or less mid (not scooped/humped).
The controls in FETTO Deluxe are very flexible, so all possible combinations makes the variations almost endless. What do you say about a pedal that goes from 100% uncolored into soft overdrive which ends in the land of Heavy Load — all the way with clarity and without tone loss. With FETTO Deluxe it's possible.
- Mechanical (true) bypass switching (ON indicated with a blue LED)
- Boost switch (ON indicated with a yellow LED)
- Lowdrive, Drive, Tone, Volume & Core controls
- Internal tweak controls: 4 trimmers
- Input Impedance: 1000 kilo ohms
- Output Impedance: 10-100 kilo ohms
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 4.7" x 3.8" x 2.12" (120 x 97 x 54 mm)
- Weight: 0.94 lbs. (425 g with battery, always included)
- Power Consumption: 9VDC / 3 mA (means long battery life)
- AC Adapter (Optional): 9 V DC, center-pin negative
- Colour, finish: Powder coated silver gray
- Himmelstrutz Fetto - Stout Of The Art
- Himmelstrutz Fetto Maximus
- Himmelstrutz Fetto X - Great Distortion
- Himmelstrutz Fat-Oh Nord
- Himmelstrutz Fat-Oh Nord 70
- Himmelstrutz Fetto C-Luxe - Stout Of The Art
- Himmelstrutz Fetto Custom - Stout Of The Art
- Himmelstrutz Fetto Nord - Great Nordic Distortion
- Himmelstrutz Fetto Nord 70 - Great Old Nordic Dist
- Himmelstrutz Fetto Nord 70+ - Great Old Distortion + Boost
- Himmelstrutz Fetto Nord+ - Great Wide Distortion + Boost