Hermida Dover Drive
Taking notes from Billy Gibbon’s chunky rhythm to Eric Johnson and David Gilmour’s soaring leads, the Dover drive is a touch sensitive device that walks a tightrope between an overdrive and a fuzz. Aimed to make your solos scream into the heavens and your riffs pound into the southern cooked trenches, this dynamic box gives you a round and creamy tone, smooth enough for jazz, tight enough for progressive rock, fat enough for blues and much more. Rolling back on your guitar’s volume and tone knobs will open up even more tonal possibilities.
- Classic, touch sensitive, soaring leads b/w of chunky and pounding rhythm tones
- Internal bias control trim pot
- True Bypass switching, making sure your signal is preserved when the effect is off
- 9VDC, center negative adapter or 9V battery / Current draw 10mA
- Made in USA
- Volume – Controls the overall output of the effect. There’s a lot of it on tap too. You’ll find unity gain between the effected and bypassed signal around 8:00-9:00.
- Gain – Controls the distortion amount of the effect. Around 9:00 is good for a nice, bluesy rhythm. 1:00 and up starts to add sustain for leads, while remaining smooth and dynamic.
- Tone – Single band EQ will add or subtract presence to the effected signal. Rolling back around 10:00 will give a darker, rounder sound, while moving around 2:00 will add clarity.
- Bias Control- If you unscrew the the back of your Dover Drive, you’ll find a tiny trim pot toward the upper left of the board. Using a small flathead screwdriver, you are able to adjust the bias control of the effect. Turning it to the left will give it a starved, sharp attack with a charmingly, spitty quality to it. Turning it to the right will open it up more while smoothing out the decay and thus, offering more sustain.
- (2014-02-03) Hermida Dover Drive Test Footage 01 (Lovepedal)
- (2014-02-04) HERMIDA AUDIO DOVER DRIVE - MAZ 38 (Lovepedal)
- (2014-02-11) Lovepedal Dover Drive Demo by Roger Fortner (Roger Fortner)
- (2014-03-21) Hermida Audio Dover Diver (Sam Vilo)
- (2014-03-24) Hermida Audio Dover Drive (Sam Vilo)
- (2014-03-27) Hermida Audio Dover Drive review (BjornRiis)
- (2014-04-30) Love Pedal - Dover Drive, Bone Tender & Hi Volt.... (RobChappers)
- (2014-06-03) Hermida Dover Drive (SessionMusicTV)
- (2014-08-10) Crews OST-69/DOVER DRIVE/SDD-3000 PEDAL (Guitar Shop Hoochies)
- (2014-08-22) Hermida Audio Dover Drive (ProGuitarShopDemos)
- (2014-09-03) Hermida Audio Dover Drive Demo (GuitarPlayer)
No reviews at myFXDB yet