Crushing Bass Distortion... The Oso is the lowest and baddest distortion circuit presented by Heavy Electronics so far. El Oso blends roaring low-end gain with the dry signal and readily pours out both thump and gain to the input of your amp. Mix knob has total effect, at full mix there is no hint of the dry signal and at zero mix the output signal is undistinguishable from the true-bypass signal. A JFET input signal buffer guarantees a solid match with the wide variety of impedances found in bass pickups.
Distortion top-end is rolled-off nicely, with plenty of room for a bright maple-board P-bass and enough contouring to do away with any harshness often found in lesser bass distortions. Using the mix and gain knob together the user can create a deep palette of bass distortion tones. High gain and low mix sounds very different than low gain and mix even though dynamically similar. Very simple to use and operate users will "find the tone" within seconds. Perfect for the stage-performing bassist.
- Hand-made in Minneapolis Mn. by musicians
- Lifetime warranty (barring obvious abuse)
- Upgrades, repairs and mods available for life
- Voiced openly for guitar, bass or any instrument
- True Bypass switching & minimum length leads
- PCB designed, printed and populated by H.E.
- 1 oz. Copper 1/16" single point mounted PCB
- 24mm large size pots for maximum reliability
- Flying leads to all potentiometers and jacks
- Neutrik or Switchcraft 1/4 inch signal jacks
- Sealed metal LED housing with flying leads
- 9V 200MA power for maximum compatibility
- Powder-coated die-cast aluminum enclosure
- Excellent customer service ready to help
- Inquire for custom options, colors and graphics
- Dual quality control testing (both audio & build)
- (2011-09-09) Heavy Electronics El Oso by Prymaxe
- (2011-10-03) Heavy Electronics El Oso Bass Distortion by Tone Factor
- (2012-06-13) Heavy Electronics El Oso Bass Distortion - BASS Demo by MrExcane