- Mode (LP/BP/LP)
- High-pass, band-pass, low-pass or notch filter characteristics, for accentuating different regions of audio band, allowing four distinct tonal images.
- For varying filter "sharpness" from a subtle accentuation through a distinct vowel sound to high resolution filtering that "plays" individual overtones.
- A sensitivity control for optimum operation from any musical source.
- Range (Low/High)
- Emphasizes high or low frequencies.
- Drive (Down/Up)
- Shifts the filter up or down for two totally different effects.
- Power (Off/On)
- Switches the power on or off :)
- Internal Dip-Switches
- Permit you to customize your MU-TRON III+TM to highlight your instrument and playing style.
- Two switches tailor the high and low frequency ranges.
- Three switches control the way the MU-TRON III+TM follows the dynamics of your instrument.
- The last switch allows the Low battery L.E.D. to double as a sweep limit indicator.
warning by Mike Beigel, Musitronics founder
- This is NOT a reissue of the original Musitronics Mu-Tron III!
- It does NOT have the original circuitry (it uses digital sound processing)
- It does NOT benefit the Mu-Tron inventors or Musitronics company founders
- It does not sound as "fat" as the original Musitronics Mu-Tron III.
- The Notch filter is a nice feature.
MU-TRON III+ translates the envelope or "volume profile" of every musical passage,... automatically... into an easily-controlled, vowel-like sound, as you play.
Use MU-TRON III+ to create a variety of synthesizer sounds with most electrified instruments: guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, flute, saxophone, brasses, .... even microphone.
The sharper your attack and the more percussive your instrument, the wilder your sound will be.
Besides providing that inverted "snap" (perfect for funky bass), MU-TRON III+ also functions as an automatic "wah" pedal. Full instructions are included, but you decide how far you want to go.
- Input Impedance
- Greater than 60K ohms (20 - 20 kHz).
- Output Impedance
- Less than 2.6K ohms (20 - 20 kHz).
- Maximum Undistorted Output Signal
- 10V peak-to-peak.
- Power Supply
- 2 9-Volt batteries (not included) and/or optional power supply
- 3.25 lbs. without batteries.
- 9" long X 5" wide X 3.125" high.
- Gold-plated stereo 1/4" jacks, 1% metal-film resistors, state of the art surface mount technology for highest reliability.
- Heavy-gage steel bottom with baked-on industrial enamel finish. Heavy-gage aluminum front panel.
- Quality Control
- Each unit is calibrated, 100% tested, and played.