The Hartman Electronics LM308 Op-Amp Distortion guitar pedal offers two modes of distortion inspired by the edgy, modern styles distortion popularized by punk, new-wave and college-rock bands of the late 70's and early 80's.
Selectable on-the-fly via stomp switch, the first distortion mode (A) employs a diode-clipping stage to produce a classic distortion and crunch of the original upon which it is based, exhibiting the same sensitivity to player pick-attack, palm-muting- and pinch-harmonics.
The second distortion mode (SYM) transforms the pedal into an overdrive, increasing transparency, headroom, and dynamic response, and producing a hotter output signal suitable for overdriving the input of downstream amps/devices. Your strat sounds like a strat, your LP sounds like an LP; no more masking the tone of your instrument, but still plenty of scream, crunch, and sustain.
Pedals are hand-wired and assembled to order. Lead time to ship is approximately two weeks.
- 3PDT Heavy-duty True-bypass switching
- Hi-intensity LED Indicators or ON/OFF and Distortion type (A/SYM)
- Plated-thru-hole printed circuit board (PCB) construction
- Premium quality Switchcraft jacks and Alpha potentiometers
- Ultra-quiet 1% metal-film resistors throughout
- Hi-fidelity tantalum, silver-mica and film capacitors
- LM308AH (round, metal-can) op-amp
- Blackened-bronze powder-coat finish, Crème knobs
All pedals are hand-wired and assembled to order using N.O.S. (new old-stock) LM308AH metal-can style op-amps unless otherwise requested. The LM308AH has a smoother treble roll-off than the LM308N. Players requiring heightened treble response may select the LM308N option below.
- Pro Co Rat
- Absolutely Analog Ratzo
- Alpha Omega Temptation
- ARC Effects Soothsayer (new name)
- ARC Effects Woodcutter (old name)
- Big Ear NYC Woodcutter
- Big Tone Music Brewery Classic Distortion
- Blakemore Effects R.O.U.S. - Rodent Of Unusual Size
- Build Your Own Clone Mighty Mouse
- Chicago Stompworks Mister Vermin
- CMATMODS Black Plague
- DreamTone Molly The Cat
- Freakshow Effects Brown Rabbit
- Freakshow Effects Magic Rabbit
- Freakshow Effects Ultra Rabbit
- General Guitar Gadgets Rat Replica
- JAM Pedals Rattler
- JHS Pedals All American Distortion
- Mars Real Sound Untamed Rat
- Mojo Hand FX Socrates
- Montgomery Appliances Longtail
- Mooer Audio MDS1 Black Secret - Distortion (Turbo Rat & Vintage Rat modes)
- Moonphase Moondriver
- PedalWorX 5 O'Clock Charlie
- Reinhardt Willard
- Rock's Shop Tone Wizard Distortion
- SonicBox Distortion
- Stigtronics Rodent
- Stomp Under Foot Skinner Box
- Synthrotek The "Ratatak"
- Valeton Darktale - Vintage Distortion
- VFE Pedals El Raton
- Vick Audio 85 Classic Rat
- Pro Co Rat 2
- Pro Co Turbo Rat