An improved version of Guyatone's top-selling MD-3 Micro Digital Delay, the MDm5 gives the user a wide range of delay types and tones in an ultra-compact enclosure. 30-2600 milliseconds of delay time are available, more than enough to create an entire range of classic delay effects from Rockabilly slapback to Arena-rock washes of excess and everything in between. At higher Feedback settings the MDm5 will self-oscillate like an analog delay, creating cacophonous cascades of repeats, UFO-landings, ray guns, and other bizarre sound effects. At lower Feedback settings it can be used for sound-on-sound layering of parts to create beautiful, ethereal soundscapes that slowly fade into infinity.
New hi-frequency roll-off control allows authentic simulation of classic Analog Delay tones by reducing hi-frequencies on Delay repeats. Quite possibly the smallest delay, unarguably the best: Try the MDm5 and discover what perfection is all about!
- LEVEL: Adjusts volume of the Delay effect when pedal is engaged. Turn clockwise to increase Delay volume. At full clockwise position, Delay Level is equal to original (dry) signal. At fully counter-clockwise position, there is zero Delay signal.
- TIME: Adjusts Delay Time. Turn clockwise to increase Delay Time and slow down speed of Delay repeats. Delay Time is adjustable within three preset ranges as determined by the Mode Switch.
- REPEAT: Adjusts amount of Delay Repeats. Turn clockwise to increase the amount of Delay Repeats.
- MODE SWITCH: Selects three different ranges for Delay Time Control:
- S = 20-160 mS
- M = 80-650 mS
- L = 330-2600 mS
- HIGH ROLL-OFF: Adjusts tonal quality of Delay Repeats. Turn clockwise to reduce high frequency (hi-cut). As the Delay repeats decay, the amount of hi-cut will increase. You can simulate analog delay tones by reducing the hi-frequencies naturally.