- controls the output level
- controls the amount of distortion
The quest for the ultimate distorted guitar tone trails back into history. Tales of Guitarists loosening tubes and punching holes in speakers to create distortion are the stuff of legend. In the 1960's new technologies allowed engineers to capture this unique new sound in a compact unit, and the fuzz box was born. Over the years there have been many "holy grail" distortion effects, and now it seems that every Guitarist with a soldering iron and a Radio Shack close by are building their own version of what sounds best in the world of fuzz.
But what really does sound best? One of the indisputable classics is the first-series Big Muff. Trouble is, finding one that works nowadays is an expensive, time-consuming task. Unfortunately, the sounds of the reissues just don't stack up, and they're bulky and unreliable to boot.
Luckily, there is an alternative. The Guyatone HD-2 Harmonic Distortion offers a faithful replication of that classic tone, with some added benefits to boot. The HD-2 is a transistor distortion based on the most popular vintage designs. Its dual clipping stages provide a considerable amount of distortion yet with a note-to-note definition and dynamic responsiveness not found in other current market pedals. Level and Distortion controls offer variable volume and clipping and as on our OD-2 we've foregone a tone control in order to reproduce the instrument's tonal characteristics more accurately.
The HD-2 Harmonic Distortion - the quest has ended!
- (2012-04-23) Guyatone HD2 Harmonic Distortion by shnobel
- (2012-04-23) Vintage Big Muff vs Guyatone HD2 by shnobel
- (2012-04-23) Fulltone 70 vs Guyatone HD2 by shnobel
- (2012-04-23) Guyatone SD2 vs HD2 by shnobel
- (2014-03-20) Guyatone HD2 Harmonic Distortion pedal demo with SG & Blues Jr by Gearmanndude
- Input Impedance
- 470K ohm
- Output Impedance
- 1k Ohm
- Max Amplitude
- Power Supply
- 9V Manganese dry cell battery or special AC Adaptor DC9V/200 mA (Center -/Sleeve +)
- Power Voltage
- DC9V (Battery) / DC9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Consumption
- 5 mA
- 2.75" W x 3.875" L x 1.5" H
- Weight (w/o battery)
- 8.0 oz