- controls the level of the delayed signal
- controls the feedback; higher feedback gives more repeats
- Delay Time
- controls the amount of delay (delay time)
- Delay Time (S/M/L)
- selects a range for the delay time: short, medium, long
- Analog Simulation
- blends in tube saturation on the Delay Repeats against the unfiltered Delay sound. This saturation is similar to the effect of an Analog Delay unit on the original signal, where note clarity decreases with each additional repeat.
- Tape Simulation
- blends in a preset EQ curve against the unfiltered Delay sound. This EQ curve cuts ultra lows and high frequencies and boosts lows and mids, similar to the sound of a vintage tape echo unit.
Guyatone has always been known for its great sounding time-delay units. Our MD-3 Micro Delay is widely considered to be the best sounding digital delay on the market. Its predecessor the MD-2 was touted by users and music press alike as the best-sounding delay that money could buy. Our MR-2 Micro Reverb has achieved legendary status as players the world over pay top dollar for this elusive piece which was discontinued years ago. Likewise, our AD-X Tube Analog delay remains highly sought-after on the used market, despite the fact that it has never been officially marketed in the States!
In keeping with this tradition of great-sounding delay units, we are extremely proud to present the Guyatone TD-X Tube Echo! Not only does this unit mark a first for Guyatone as they move in a new direction of hybrid digital/analog effect units, it also deserves landmark status as the first Guyatone unit that was conceived and designed in conjunction with Godlyke, Inc.! Now that we're done patting ourselves on the back, let's explain exactly what sets this unit apart from the crowd...
The TD-X takes the popular MD-3 Micro Delay circuit and combines it with a custom-designed filter array that allows the TD-X to emulate a vast variety of vintage and modern delay sounds. Like the MD-3, the TD-X features 2600 milliseconds of delay time with Delay Level, Delay Time, and Feedback controls with switchable Short, Medium and Long delay ranges. Using these controls an entire range of classic delay effects can be achieved; from rockabilly slapback to Arena-rock washes of excess to sound on sound layering that slowly fades into infinity. Also like the MD-3, the TD-X can be used to create erratic, runaway echoes and self-oscillation by manipulating the Delay Time and Feedback controls.
Unique to the TD-X are its two Simulator controls. While most digital units emulate analog tones by using a high frequency roll off, the TD-X uses a frequency filtering system combined with tube warmth and saturation for a unique, organic delay tone that is much more realistic than digital modeling.
The Analog Simulation control blends in tube saturation on the Delay Repeats against the unfiltered Delay sound. This saturation is similar to the effect of an Analog Delay unit on the original signal, where note clarity decreases with each additional repeat.
The Tape Simulation knob blends in a preset EQ curve against the unfiltered Delay sound. This EQ curve cuts ultra lows and high frequencies and boosts lows and mids, similar to the sound of a vintage tape echo unit. By adjusting these two controls accordingly, a virtually limitless variety of tonal nuances can be added to the Delay repeats: Set the Analog Sim on 2 for a slightly gritty Delay tone; or for a warm, dark Delay set the Tape Sim on 5. For extreme distorted Delay, put both controls on 10. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
To round out the package, the TD-X features dual Outputs (Wet and Dry), allowing the user to run it in stereo with multi-amp setups or when recording. The TD-X also features True Bypass Switching using a 3PDT mechanical switch to assure transparent operation in bypass.
Vintage tone with modern features - if you're ready to take your gear into the 21st century then don't delay - grab a TD-X!
- (2006-09-11) FPETV Guyatone Flip TD-X Tube Delay Guitar pedal demo by FPE-TV
- (2006-09-11) FPETV Guyatone Flip TD-X Tube Delay Guitar Pedal 2 by FPE-TV
- (2009-10-22) Guyatone TD-X Tube Echo by GuitarGearComMx
- (2010-06-17) The Guyatone TD-X Tube Echo Pedal Offers Frequency Filtering System Combined With Tube Warmth And Sa by GearWire
- (2015-02-12) Guyatone Tube Echo TD-X by shnobel
- (2016-03-04) TC Electronic Alter Ego X4 vs Guyatone Tube Echo by shnobel
- Input Impedance
- 500K Ohm
- Input Jack
- 1/4 Inch standard phone jack
- Output Impedance
- 1k Ohm
- Output Jack
- 1/4 Inch standard phone jack
- Minimum Load
- 10K Ohm (Impedance)
- Power Supply
- 9V Manganese dry cell battery or special AC Adaptor
- Current Consumption
- 200 mA
- AC Adaptor/ Power
- DC12V/200 mA (Center -/Sleeve +)
- 90(W) x 58(H) x 137(D) mm