Gurus Amps produces great amps and pedals, We also love the craft of recreating and re-engineering some of the most gloryified gear of the past. After we explored the British territory with the award winning 1959Doubledecker, we chose to explore the American side of Tone. We drew inspiration from the legendary American amps of early 60â€™, the 1963 Vibroverb, where vibrato and reverb became a necessary tone additive. It was a very difficult challenge for both the Reverb and Vibrato because we could not use the same technology in a pedal due to the low tension. We needed to find a totally new way to make an optic tremolo that achieved the same feeling of the real one.and make a Sinusoidal waveform that works the best with your guitar and overall tone.
For the reverb technology, we involved Accutronicsâ„¢. that makes the small real springs tanks to fits into our pedal chassis. All of the hard work paid off allowing Gurus to produce the SINUSOID, the first 100% analog, tube driven Reverb - Vibrato pedal on the market.
- Two independent effects recallable by Footswitches individually or combined.
- REVERB: a real tube driven analog Reverb circuit equipped with an ACCUTRONICSâ„¢ Double springs tank. Fine tuning of the frequencies let us achieve the feeling of those famous vintage 60â€™s spring reverb tanks.
- VIBRO: a real tube driven Optical tremolo circuit, uses a Sinusoidal Wave coupled with our own Gurus proprietary technology using LDR to perfectly match the character of Vintage Vibrato channels, making it stand out from all the other digital or analog tremolo effect units on the market today.
- Remote outs for connections with analog switchers. This lets you remotely use the pedal and operate it outside of your pedalboard where this might cause undesired mechanical noises. NOTE: Remote switcher must have Clean Contacts, without common ground wiring.
Sinusoid drains around 230mA on 9VDC and 300mA on 12VDC, HOWEVER, having an internal power output section (1,2W amp) that drives the reverb tank the draining depends by input signal, so it may need up to 400mA on 12VDC.
So, be sure to use a standard Negative TIP Power Supply with enough current for optimum performance.
Here you can see the incredible frequency response of Sinusoid, a full range 20-20Khz that makes it suitable for all applications and any instrument.
When designing the Reverb side of Sinusoid, we collaborated with Accutronicsâ„¢, coupled with our driving circuit, GURUS was able to perfectly reproduce, the same tone, feel, and response of theVintage Spring Reverb Tanks.
GURUS SINUSIOD gives you the sound and feeling of those great famous vintage and now expensive amps of the 60â€™s.
- (2016-08-30) Gurus Sinusoid Optical Tremolo & Spring Reverb by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-10-24) Gurus Amps Sinusoid pedal by Sam Vilo
- (2016-11-11) Todaysgear Gurus Doubledecker, Echosex, Sinusoid, Optivalve - Host ??? by Today's Gear
- (2016-11-14) ??? Gurus ??? Sinusoid by BuzzbeeTV
- (2017-01-11) Sinusoid assembling - time lapse by Gurus Amps
- (2017-01-25) Gurus Amps Sinusoid review by BjornRiis