The Greenie Classic Distortion takes all of the classic gutsy mid-heavy "Tube Screamer" overdrive tones and adds two more completely different voicings. Utilizing the classic JRC 4558 chip, we've also added a unique tone control that actually adds an upper mid bite in the last 15% of its travel.
We've tried to make the Greenie extremely touch-sensitive and responsive. While we recorded our sound samples through a 63 Princeton, we've created TREMENDOUS lead tones with Marshalls, Peaveys, even solid state amps.
The Greenie classic has three modes:
- "Classic" is the old-school Tube Screamer thing...lots of thick searing mids, BIG bottom end and a smooth crunchy high end.
- "Fat" is a thicker, fuller, warmer version of this tone....great for smaller amps- a GODSEND with a modelling or solid state amp.
- "Tight" is a leaner, more modern Tube Screamer sound- this is especially good with richer sounding amps.
Like all of the GFS Footpedals, the greenie Classic is built a solid steel enclosure with heavy duty componentry and high quality switch and jacks. It wil run off of a standard 9 volt battery (Not Included), or either of our GFS A/C Adapters.
- (2010-01-06) GFS Greenie Classic Overdrive guitar effects pedal demo with Gibson SG Les Paul by Gearmanndude
- (2010-01-06) GFS Greenie Classic Overdrive guitar effects pedal demo with Stratocaster & Dr Z amp by Gearmanndude
- (2013-04-08) GFS Electronics: Greenie Distortion Classic Footpedal by Guitar Fetish
- Biyang OD-7 Overdrive
- Biyang OD-8 X-Drive
- Biyang BL-8 Blue
- Biyang Junky Drive
- GFS Electronics Brownie Classic Distortion (???)