The Black Tiger features an analog signal path, with a digital delay repeater circuit.
“The Black Tiger is rad. Best non-analog, analog sounding delay I've ever played. The decay on it is perfect. It's warm, but then gets grainy as it trails off, like a good analog delay.” --J. Murty
“Such a wicked sounding delay! A truly 3D experience!” –Lance Seymour (Geartalk)
You asked for it... we went to work... it’s wonderful.
The Black Tiger Delay Device is an amazing delay pedal. What would happen if you took the sound of two vintage tape delays, and sprinkled in a bit of sound from a vintage oil-can delay? Well... you’d be in delay heaven, or at least we think so. So, that’s what we did! After countless requests for a Greer Amps delay, we’ve finally answered the call. We took the time to engineer this delay to have the sound and feel of those vintage delays, with some added touch sensitivity. The front end of the Black Tiger is structured in a way that lets the nuances of your playing come through. If you’re looking for a delay that has the warmth of vintage studio equipment, with some slight grain on the repeats, then look no further. The Black Tiger is the answer.
- Feedback - adjusts the number of repeats. When set at or above the dot on the faceplate, the pedal will go into self-oscillation mode. The pedal WILL self oscillate when in bypass mode, and as the repeats build, they get louder, so be careful about leaving the feedback control at or above the dot when in bypass mode.
- Mix - adjusts the level of delayed signal.
- Time - adjusts the time between delay repeats.
- Bypass Switch - true bypass footswitch.
- Trails Switch - allows existing delayed signal to continue trailing off (useful for long delay settings), without any new input being delayed. Trails mode should not be used for long-term bypass*. The Trails mode is used to avoid a sudden “chop” of delay signal when bypassing the delay, if it is engaged while the pedal is in true bypass mode, no repeats will be generated.
- Touch sensitive front end, analog signal path, digital delay repeater.
- Vintage tape and oil can voicing!
- High quality analog buffers!
- Warm, analog tone, with slight grit on longer delay repeats!
- True Bypass!
- Uses 9-Volt battery or standard neg. center, 2.1mm power supply.
- Built with top quality components
- Lifetime Warranty to the original owner!
- Pedals are currently built to order, and will ship within 1-2 weeks of your order and payment
*If the pedal is left ON, and in Trails mode, some clock noise may be heard. For the best signal clarity, without any interference from the delay circuitry, please use the bypass switch, once the trails have decayed.
- (2015-06-29) A little snippet of the #blacktiger #delay #pedal from #greeramps. This drops at #summernamm2015!!! So stoked! @geartalkpnw #guitar #my_athens by Greer Amps
- (2015-06-30) Greer Amps Black Tiger Delay by popintothechemist
- (2015-07-07) Greer Amps Black Tiger Delay demo by Lance Seymour by GearTalkChannel
- (2015-07-15) Greer Amps Black Tiger & Hammer Pedals at Summer NAMM 2015 by reverbmarket
- (2015-07-21) SNAMM '15 Greer Amplification Black Tiger Delay Device & Hammer Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-08-02) Greer Black Tiger delay by Retro Channel
- (2015-08-13) Black Tiger Delay by Greer Amps Demo by Nathan Shafer
- (2015-08-15) Greer Amps Black Tiger Delay by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-08-21) Signal Test: Greer Amps Black Tiger Delay Device by Coast Sonic
- (2015-09-28) Greer Amps Black Tiger Delay Device by PedalOfTheDay
- (2015-11-27) Greer Amps Black Tiger Delay Device (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-01-19) Greer Amps Black Tiger | delay device by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2016-03-13) Thanks to @magnoliaguitar_co for stopping by today while in town...the tones were sweet and so beautiful. Here's a clip with the #lightspeed and the #blacktiger #delay going through A #greeramps Thunderbolt30! by Greer Amps
- (2016-05-12) There's a prototype amp sitting out of the frame...there's a Lightspeed on, and there's a Black Tiger running...the trem is so sweet in this amp...lets just say that 5 watts can be truly freakin' amazing! by Greer Amps