- Vintage / Modern (toggle switch)
The Sludgehammer is a a boiling CAULDRON of thick textured Distortion tones, That WILL inspire you to play heavy.
Following my heartfelt enthusiasm for these three subgenres, I've decided to build a pedal that delivers the ungodly tones that identified with them.
Instead of trying to emulate a classic amp, I've designed a pedal that covers a lot of ground and enables you to dial your own tone using your amp. Weather it is a solid state combo or a big tube amp, the Sludgehammer will turn the clean channel of an amp into a formidable riff-worthy beast.
- Gain ranges from medium gain classic crunch up to an uncompromising wall of sound.
- Tone knob is super effective
- Body knob is dedicated for the low mid frequencies (interactive with the tone knob)
- Vintage/Modern switch:
- VNTG- A darker, Old School distortion sound with scooped tone.
- MDRN- More aggressive and open sounding modern distortion
* The VNTG/MDRN switch can be used to further optimize the Sludgehammer to the amp; VNTG mode is recommended for open back combo amps. MDRN mode is recommended for darker sounding amps with Closed back cabs.
It's time to fulfill your darkest tonal desires!
Despite being dedicated for these three subgenres,The Sludgehammer's extreme versatility and wide tonal range make it a great overall pedal for any situation that requires distortion.
- (2013-05-03) Greenhouse Effects Sludgehammer by Sam Vilo
- (2013-05-07) Greenhouse Effects Sludgehammer by Sam Vilo
- (2013-11-13) Greenhouse Effects : SLUDGE HAMMER Fuzz/Distortion - EMG's and Jazzmaster - Demonstration by Burgerman666
- (2016-03-25) Greenhouse Sludgehammer - Demo by fluff191