Greene Pedals is the company of John Greene, who builds them in Valley Center, CA, USA. In 2011 the company name was changed to Greene Engineering and Design.
Timeline (by John Greene)
- 1993: Build my first tube guitar amplifier
- 1995: Started making guitar pedals
- 1998: discovered and refined the MOSFET diode in a guitar circuit
- 2000: company founded
- 2002: First lot of 50 'production' pedals made.
- 2005: changed focus from mass marketing to "made to order" due to time/finance constraints. Still making a pedal or two once in a while for guitar players who usually see someone else playing one.