Peter Frampton, the Grammy Award winning guitar hero and song writing icon whose career spans four decades, liked the MEGAWAH so much he agreed to lend his name to a custom version of the pedal that met his specifications exactly.
The Peter Frampton MegaWah has the awesome wah power of the famous stereo MegaWah but in a mono format.
The pedal can give the most full bodied and melodic wah tones ever available and features four different types of analog wah: a classic wah, the Peter Frampton Signature MegaWah, a funky envelope wah, and an auto-wah. The pedal also features effect gain and resonance controls to provide incredible versatility.
The Peter Frampton MEGA-WAH features a four-position selector switch enabling the selection of:
- Classic Wah: The original analog classic Wah sound in a lightweight, noise-free optically controlled package.
- Mega-Wah: Peter Frampton’s signature setting with more body in the bass frequencies and a warm, musical high end.
- Trig-Wah: The MegaWah sound triggered by a note. Sounds awesomely funky.
- Auto-wah: Peter’s favorite – he can set the auto-wah speed to suit the song and walk around the stage doing what he does best, connecting with a live audience.
- Gain control to provide overall effect volume
- Peak resonance control to determine the ‘Q’ or amount of wah power
- Trigger sensitivity control to allow the envelope wah to talk or quack as needed
- Auto-wah rate control.
- All analog circuitry.
- Easy to use. Patented design. No programming or scrolling through patches required.
- ‘Better than true bypass’ achieved by presenting a constant impedance to your guitar pickup and to the line to reduce cable losses.
- Reliable, wear-free, noise-free optical operation. Bypassed when pedal is all the way back.
- 9V operating voltage, 50mA current consumption (we recommend using an AC adapter).
- Will accept standard 2.1mm AC adapter supply plug, center negative.
- Blue LED to show effect is on and flashing red LED to show auto-wah modulation rate.
- Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm).
- Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction, only 2.3lbs (1.1kg). Patented ergonomics
- (2010-12-09) Gig FX MEGA WAH Peter Frampton Signature series guitar pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2011-02-09) Video Review - Gig-FX Peter Frampton MegaWah by Premier Guitar
- (2012-09-16) Judge Fredd & the Gig-FX VOD & Peter Frampton Mega-Wah by kriskardiak