The CHOPPER is five effects in one
- Tremolo: BEST IN CLASS versatile Tremolo with modulation rate controlled on the fly by the pedal
- Rotating Speaker: BEST IN CLASS stereo rotating speaker effect with pedal - adjustable rate
- Chopper: Entrancing rhythmic fully adjustable short or long pulses IN STEREO or MONO with pedal-adjustable frequency
- Delay Emulator: All the texture of multiple echoes but without the encumbrance of a repeated note
- Panning Machine: Make your solos soar across the sound stage with a STEREO auto-panner. Control panning rate with the pedal
Mono or Stereo:The output signal from the Chopper may be mono or stereo, but is infinitely more interesting in stereo. In stereo, the effect can be panned or “chopped” from one channel to another and combined in phase or out of phase in various ways to produce an infinite number of captivating sounds. Merely describing it will not do it justice. You have to hear it to believe it!
Best in ClassIn addition to astoundingly new effects, the Chopper will produce the ultimate versions of traditional effects such as tremolo, auto pan and Leslie (rotating cabinet) effects, but all with a key difference- the frequency of the effects can be varied with the on-board pedal unit. No additional expression pedal is needed. By-passed by FET Switch - No loss of signal or frequency response when by-passed. Runs on a 9v battery (included when shipped), or a standard 9v AC adapter. Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm). Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction, only 2.3lbs (1.1kg). Patented ergonomics
- Easy to use. No programming or scrolling through patches required
- All analog circuitry, crystal clear sound, no coloration
- Transparent bypass achieved by a FET switch. Open frequency response same as a true mechanical bypass, but more reliable. Noiseless switching.
- The circuit is designed so there is no loss of signal amplitude when the pedal is turned on, so turning it on is seamless. Many tremolo pedals appear to lower the volume when turned on. The Chopper does not.
- Reliable, wear-free, noise-free optical operation. Bypassed when pedal is all the way back.
- Mono in, stereo out, even when in bypass mode. Both outputs are equal with zero gain
- 9V working with low 15mA current consumption. Batteries just keep on going…
- Will accept standard 2.1mm power supply plug, center negative, reverse polarity protected
- Flashing blue and red LED's to show modulation rates
- Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm)
- Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction, only 2.2lbs (1.1kg). Patented design ergonomics
How it works:There are two waves (oscillators) on the Chopper, one is a square wave which produces the chop sound and the other is a triangle wave which provides the tremolo or pan. Both waves run independently. On the left side of the unit, the controls adjust the chop attributes, and on the right side, the controls adjust the pan and tremolo attributes. There is a Mode Selector Switch which allows you to choose Chop only (CHOP), Tremolo / Pan only (STIR), and either of two combinations of both (BLEND and SHAKE).
In mono, when you turn the Chop on, the sound will be turned on and off at the rate and ratio you choose. In stereo, when one side is off, the other side is on, so the signal bounces back and forth across the sound stage. Try it on a big stage and the audience will be knocked out.
In pan / tremolo mode, in mono, the device will provide a versatile tremolo unit that allows the signal to be modulated deeper and slower than all other tremolo units, and the tempo can be set on the fly. In stereo, one side is on while the other is off, so the sound pans gradually from the left to the right at a rate determined by the rate control or pedal.
When you select the Blend or Shake modes, in mono, you hear the two waves beating against each other. In stereo, you here rhythmic pulses flying across the room.