What is the PLUS Pedal?
The PLUS pedal is a new kind of audio processing engine that offers piano-style sustain for electric guitars and all other melodic instruments. This is more than just a stompbox â€“ it is a vast extension of your instrument that bridges the gap between rhythm and lead playing and lets players explore totally new territories.
Create â€œimpossibleâ€ arrangements by playing lead lines on top of sustained chords, combine up to 5 different sounds to build deep multi-layered drones or use the WET only mode to give your instrument a totally new character.
The PLUS Pedal is available for pre-order on the wPlus Pedal website with a special early bird offer. The production will start in March 2017 and expected shipping date is June 2017.
How it works?
The PLUS Pedal does not generate sounds with oscillators and filters! Instead â€“ think of it as a sort of â€œSmart Looperâ€ that only catches the second half of each note or chord you play and samples that short snippet of sound into a seamless, continuous loop.
This patent pending technology called â€œReal Time Audio Samplingâ€ ensures that each sustained note or chord will retain the exact character of your instrument and your playing style.
This method is also fully responsive to any playing style - create continuous layers of sustain incorporating vibrato, bends, harmonics, trills and other dynamic playing techniques. You can also use the whammy bar, play with a slide or experiment with amp feedback or noises â€“ the PLUS Pedal will capture all of these tonal nuances and turn them into a continuous sound.
The PLUS Pedal can also be used with all other acoustic instruments, such as brass or woodwinds, or even vocals. Use a standard microphone to produce amazing polyphony in real-time and create multiple voices like never before.
- Full spectrum of sustain controls â€“ 4 knobs (Blend, Sustain, Rise, Tail) allow to modify all parameters of the sustain tones
- Multiple layers allow stacking up to 5 notes or chords simultaneously.
- Unique design â€“ a brilliant combination of a guitar stomp-box and pianoâ€™s damper pedal. The steel case will make sure it lasts, and the classy look will make it fit on any stage, from cafÃ© guitarist to rock band to jazz trio.
- Two Outputs will allow you to use the PLUS with a two amplifier setup or split your effects chain.
- Revolutionary FX Loop allows you to link the PLUS Pedal with any other effects unit and use it to modify the Wet or the Dry signal separately.
What is it for?
The PLUS Pedal is an extension of your instrument, allowing to create multiple layers on the go. From jazz-voiceleading to heavy post-rock drones â€“ the Plus Pedal allows the guitarist to do more with the instrument! A useful tool in any context - live performances, songwriting & arrangement, creating drones, ambient soundscapes, cinematic sound effects, and much more.
It is also a fantastic tool for aural training and practicing improvisation. Instead of thinking about which scale shape fits over what changes â€“ the PLUS Pedal focuses all of your attention on listening to the tonal relationships between the chord and the notes you play on top.
How is it different?
- The PLUS Pedal is not a looper, nor a delay or a reverb pedal - it is a whole new type of effect based on real time sampling and looping.
- unlike synth-based units â€“ the PLUS does not produce an annoying digital-sounding tone. The PLUS Pedalâ€™s Wet signal is built from short samples of your instrumentâ€™s output, thus preserving the character of each note you play.
- it is not just for guitars â€“ The PLUS Pedal can be used with any melodic instrument, including saxophones, horns, trombones, violins, cellos and many more.
- The PLUS Pedal features two outputs and a separate FX Loop which lets you create very interesting combinations of pedals.
About the team
The core team consists of three engineers/guitarists and the PLUS Pedal started out as a post-graduate experiment on sound synthesis. We instantly realized this ideaâ€™s massive potential for live instruments and began working on the first prototypes in early 2015. Today, almost two years later â€“ with two new team members, three full redesigns and thousands of work-hours under our belts â€“ we are proud to announce the PLUS Pedalâ€™s debut at Winter NAMM 2017, with the first production batch already under way.
Playing and gigging with the PLUS pedal throughout development has completely changed our perception of the guitar and music-making in general. The PLUS Pedal truly lets you do more with your instrument, and judging by the smiling, excited faces of numerous local musicians that have helped us test the final product - I think we may have created one of the most exciting effects units of our generation!
ILYA KRUMINS, creator of the PLUS Pedal
- (2017-01-16) PLUS Pedal - Playing "Wet Only" Mode by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-01-16) PLUS Pedal - Playing "Natural" Setting by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-01-16) PLUS Pedal - Playing Long Sustain setting by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-01-16) PLUS Pedal - The World's First Real Sustain Pedal for Guitars and Other Melodic Instruments by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-01-17) The PLUS pedal is a new kind of audio processing engine that offers piano-style sustain for electric guitars and all other melodic instruments. This is more than just a stompbox ? it is a vast extension of your instrument that bridges the gap between rhyt by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-01-22) The Plus Pedal - Piano Sustain For Guitar at NAMM 2017 by AndertonsMusic
- (2017-02-15) Howdy, folks! We?ve been quiet for a little while now and there are a few reasons for that. ? As some of you might know, we launched our invention at this year?s NAMM in LA. It went great ? The PLUS Pedal was covered by numerous journalists and online by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-02-23) Some pretty awesome ambient stuff. Bass and PLUS pedal. Pre-order now - https://www.pluspedal.com by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-03-06) PLUS Pedal with Cello (by Valters Puce) by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-03-13) PLUS Pedal works well with other instruments, not only with the guitar. In this video the PLUS pedal is used with cello, played by the amazing Valters Puce from DAGAMBA. by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-03-15) PLUS Pedal with Trombone (by Vairis Nartiss) by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-03-15) Hi there, friends and supporters of the PLUS Pedal! Today we present to you an awesome Trombone video with our long-time friend and ally Vairis Nartiss! Just one man with one pedal and you won't believe how rich and beautiful he makes it sound! Please by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-03-23) PLUS Pedal with Electric Bass (by Edvins Ozols) by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-03-23) One man & one bass - can you believe it? Weeell, let's be honest - this is no ordinary man - this is Edvins Ozols - one of the grooviest and most creative bassists we've ever seen :) And also - he is using a very special secret weapon that offers piano- by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-04-27) Kurt Rosenwinkel tries the PLUS Pedal by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-04-27) What an absolute privilege to meet with Kurt Rosenwinkel! No other effects used here - just Kurt and PLUS Pedal. www.pluspedal.com by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-07-14) Gamechanger Audio Plus Pedal by shnobel
- (2017-07-14) SNAMM '17 - Gamechanger Audio Plus Pedal Demo by Premier Guitar
- (2017-07-17) 2017SNAMM - Plus Pedal by BassGearMagazine
- (2017-07-30) The Plus Pedal - sustain pedal - demo by RJ Ronquillo by R.J. Ronquillo
- (2017-11-07) PLUS Pedal Full Features (1 of 5) - "The Basics" by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-11-20) PLUS Pedal Full Features (2 of 5) - "Knobs and Controls" by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-12-01) PLUS Pedal Full Features (3 of 5) - "Group Mode" by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-12-03) Plus Pedal vs E-Bow Demo by Evening/Morning Guitars
- (2017-12-05) Gamechanger Audio PLUS Sustain Effects Pedal Demo Video by Pedal of the Day
- (2017-12-06) Gamechanger Audio PLUS Sustain Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2017-12-11) PLUS Pedal Full Features (4 of 5) - "Outputs and FX Loop" by Gamechanger Audio
- (2017-12-14) PLUS Pedal Full Features (5 of 5) - "Wet Only Mode" by Gamechanger Audio