Why a Tape Echo?If you ask that then you have never played a healthy Echoplex! No delay (rackmount or pedal, analog or digital) can replicate the natural, warm, and shimmery tones of an old Echoplex. Unless you've experienced it you don't know what you're missing.
Yeah, but they're noisy and unreliable!Yes, they certainly WERE....but the Fulltone TubeTapeEcho (TTE) is dead-quiet, and we've completely re-vamped both the electronics, the tape transport path, and even the tape cartridge itself to the point of near-overkill. My TTE produces less noise than most delay pedals.
How much delay time?From a quick slapback to over 2 seconds. There is a top panel-mounted dual speed toggle switch to choose between: Hi-Speed and Lo-Speed operation. Hi-Speed gets you lots of Highs, less Bass, and a True Repeat without the Pitch variation of the old Echoplex. Lo-Speed is waaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrm, lots of Bass, less highs, and a slight "warble" that imparts a natural chorus effect made popular by people like Eric Johnson.
Why tubes?Because they sound so good.....the enhancement to your basic tone is something you will not want to play without once you feel it, and you'll never again have to worry about signal loss due to long cables and too many pedals on your pedalboard.
What makes yours better?
The big AC motors of yesteryear were noisy and inefficient so I replaced it with a servo-controlled hi-torque DC motor. Not only is this more quiet, but it is more stable and is 1/4 the size, allowing for a smaller overall housing as well. Click here for a view of the Motor-Assembly.
The TTE uses 2 x 12AX7 tubes (for the Record and Playback sections) with @200 volts DC and supply the filaments with 12 volts DC to reduce the hum further. The erase/ Bias section function uses one Electro Harmonix 12AT7.
Handwired audio path, and world-famous Fulltone Made-in-USA Craftsmanship. No PCB-mounted Tubes or Jacks in this thing.
Stereo outs! Yep, how many times have you longed for a slight slap or long bounce between 2 amps in the studio or on stage? But this ain't just stereo....there are 3 stereo modes.
- Mode #1: Guitar/Echo on the Left---->Guitar/Echo on the Right
- Mode #2: Guitar/Echo Left---> Echo on the right.
- Mode #3: Guitar on the left----> Echo on the right amp.
Better Tape Heads. The TTE has proprietary (custom-made) Erase, Record, and Playback heads that not only have better frequency response than the oldies, but are designed to last well into your retirement.
Fulltone ETC-1 Tape cartridge...if you can't find it, make it yerself! The ETC-1 is loaded it with a vastly superior Mastering quality tape loop made with polyester backing and a higher bias Tape formulation. It will last for MONTHS because it's not cheap, used cart machine tape doused in graphite like the old Echoplex tapes. Note: I do not furnish tapes for Echoplex owners....I have enough tape to keep TTE owners happy for 20 years, but do not have enough to furnish the world's Echoplex owners. Sorry.
Nickel Plated Stainless Steel Parts because I want the stuff I make to outlast you and me... and look great.
Echo Tone Control. The TTE has a very full-range/full-frequency Echo Sound.....but you can alter it to as vintage as you want a Tone control affecting only the repeats.
Smaller. Old Echoplex EP-2 models have that cool little side compartment for storing stuff. I put that storage place into a Heavy duty (wood-reinforced) Cordura Nylon Gig-Bag. (included) This, along with some downsizing, due in part to the use of a DC motor, allows for a very compact, stout unit that can sit on your amp, in your pedalboard, or off to the side without taking up too much precious real estate.
- (2008-02-23) Fulltone Tube Tape Echo (TTE) + OCD + Clyde Deluxe Wah by Big City Music
- (2008-07-28) Guitar Gear Demo Fulltone Tube Tape Echo Brian Setzer sound by Next Level Guitar
- (2008-09-10) Fulltone TTE Tube Tape Echo (echoplex) delay by sheetsofsound
- (2008-09-14) Fulltone TTE Tube Tape Echo (echoplex) delay III by sheetsofsound
- (2008-12-10) Fulltone Tube Tape Echo TTE by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2009-02-10) Guitar gear effects create delay tones Fulltone tube echo by Next Level Guitar
- (2009-02-24) Fulltone Tube Tape Echo TTE / Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe / Fender Blues Junior / Nash Strat by mrcali68
- (2009-03-10) Basic Audio Scarab Fuzz / Fulltone Tube Tape Echo / Marshall JTM45 by mrcali68
- (2009-04-23) Basic Audio Solar Myth (Fuzz Face variant) / Fulltone Tube Tape Echo / Fender Blues Junior by mrcali68
- (2009-06-30) Skreddy Pink Flesh / Fender Blues Junior / Victoria 45410 / Fulltone Tube Tape echo by mrcali68
- (2009-07-02) Skreddy Pink Flesh Part 2 / Fulltone Tube Tape Echo TTE / Fender Blues Junior / Nash Strat / by mrcali68
- (2009-07-08) D*A*M Fuzz Sound / Fulltone TTE Tube Tape Echo / Fender Blues Junior by mrcali68
- (2009-07-08) Fulltone Effects Tube Tape Echo Stereo Delay Pedal Demo at Sound Pure by SoundPure.com
- (2011-01-09) Fulltone TTE -- Tube Tape Echo by Priestfilms
- (2011-08-08) Fulltone TTE Demo by sheetsofsound
- (2014-09-11) Fulltone TTE Tube Tape Echo by Rectal Hygienist
- (2014-09-16) Fulltone TTE Tube Tape Echo by Rectal Hygienist
- (2016-04-15) We recently distilled some of the reel magic of the ultra-cool Fulltone Tube Tape Echo. Check it out, and then go get your beam on! by TC Electronic
- (2016-07-29) Fulltone Tube Tape Echo Guitar Effects Pedal Demo by PedalOfTheDay