For many, many years you've basically had 2 choices for your Overdrive;/Distortion pedals... You could either get "Soft-clipped" Bluesy, slightly compressed, (Toob Screemer, FD2, etc etc etc etc etc etc) type Overdrive pedals... or you could get "Hard-Clipped" (OCD, Distortion+, Boss DS-1, etc etc etc etc etc etc) type Distortion pedals.
What if there was a pedal that offered both?
There is now.... Fulltone PlimSoul
PlimSoul has those Softer Bluesey, Compressed capabilities but also has a Second Stage that you can roll in with the turn of a little dial to add that firmer, crunchier, British output tube style Distortion! What's more is you not only hear and feel it...you can SEE the pedal reacting to your every mood via a firey LED that glows brighter and dimmer depending on how distorted it is and how hard you're hitting it.
Touch sensitive? Doesn't get any better.
Clean up with the guitar's volume control? More than any, yes, even more than the OCD.
Good with Humbuckers as well as Single coils? Yep.
Does it play nice with other pedals? Yes, it has an Ideal 500K Input Impedance, ideal super low 10K output impedance.
How dirty does it get? VERY dirty, the dirtiest pedal I make...but gets very clean as well.
Can I blend the 2 types of Distortion? Yes, and you can have ONLY Soft clipped or ONLY Hard Clipped :)
In a Nutshell? Extremely good Sustain/Feedback qualities, just the right amount of Mids, bottom, Great touch sensitivity, dynamics, and all those in-between shades available when you know how to use your guitar's volume control.
- (2010-07-15) Fulltone PlimSoul overdrive guitar effects pedal demo with Stratocaster by Gearmanndude
- (2010-07-15) Fulltone Plimsoul overdrive with Les Paul guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-07-16) Fulltone Plimsoul vs OCD Version 4 overdrive comparison by Gearmanndude
- (2010-07-16) Fulltone PlimSoul Pt 1 of 4 by MusicToyz
- (2010-07-17) Fulltone PlimSoul Pt 2 of 4 by MusicToyz
- (2010-07-17) Fulltone Plimsoul Overdrive - Distortion Pedal by NstuffMusic
- (2010-07-20) Fulltone PlimSoul Pt 3 of 4 by MusicToyz
- (2010-07-22) Fulltone PlimSoul Pt 4 of 4 by MusicToyz
- (2010-08-09) fulltone plimsoul by atsushi964
- (2010-09-29) Fulltone Plimsoul Overdrive Pedal Demo by TheToneshack
- (2010-10-15) PLIMSOUL Distortion from Fulltone by cranbournemusic
- (2010-10-22) Fulltone Plimsoul with Humbuckers by balage73
- (2010-11-20) Fulltone PlimSoul by GuitarGearComMx
- (2010-11-22) Fulltone Plimsoul Multi-Stage Overdrive Pedal by Tone Factor
- (2011-02-19) Fulltone Plimsoul by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-07-15) Fulltone Plimsoul Pedal by intheblues
- (2011-09-25) Fulltone Plimsoul Pedal by intheblues
- (2011-12-02) Fulltone PlimSoul vs Providence SOV-2 Overdrive Pedal by intheblues
- (2012-02-10) Fulltone Plimsoul with Les Paul by roknfnrol
- (2012-06-02) Guitar overdrive FULLTONE PLIMSOUL by JokeAndRazz
- (2012-06-23) Fulltone Plimsoul vs Boss OD-3 by intheblues
- (2012-07-17) The Fulltone Plimsoul by Dave Dykhuizen
- (2012-10-11) Fulltone Plimsoul vs Rockett Blue Note Pedal by intheblues
- (2012-11-13) Wampler Ecstacy vs Fulltone Plimsoul by intheblues
- (2012-11-13) Blue Note vs Ecstacy vs Plimsoul Overdrive Pedal by intheblues
- (2012-11-15) KLON vs Plimsoul vs Blue Note Overdrive Pedals by intheblues
- (2013-04-02) Fulltone PlimSoul by Sam Vilo
- (2013-04-03) Plimsoul - Fulltone | Review || Guitarspot.Gr by GuitarSpotGr
- (2013-04-19) Fulltone Plimsoul Overdrive Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2013-06-28) Fulltone Plim Soul demonstration by Guitarcube HD by GuitarCubeChina
- (2013-07-03) Fulltone PlimSoul / Demo by Alberto Barrero by Alberto Barrero
- (2013-10-01) Fulltone Plimsoul vs Visual Sound Open Road by intheblues
- (2013-10-19) Klon KTR vs EWS Brute Drive vs Fulltone Plimsoul by intheblues
- (2014-01-15) Fulltone Plimsoul by shnobel
- (2015-05-04) Fulltone PlimSoul Overdrive Pedal Review by Don Carr by Sweetwater Sound
- (2016-06-01) Fulltone Plimsoul - Throwback Thursday by intheblues
- (2016-08-08) Fulltone Plimsoul Overdrive/Distortion by reverbmarket