The new FatBoost 3 (shipping now) replaces previous versions 1 and 2, marrying everything that people like about both version while improving on them in a few key areas:
- brings back the v1 11- position Gain control giving the ultimate in control over the FET's.
- adds one more stage of FET so that the pedal does not invert your signal
- cures v1's huge Bass increase and dull high-end issues, but allowing those sounds as well should you so desire.
The Fulltone Fat-Boost 3 is a Discrete, Class-A, FET (Field-Effect-Transistor) pedal offering up to 35dB of non-distorted Gain without changing your signature sound ...unless you so desire You can fatten/distort your tone, brighten or mellow up the sound, add or subtract Bass, and add even-order harmonics! The FB-3 has True-Bypass switching (using the finest switch made, the Fulltone 3PDT) and incorporates a super-bright LED without the loud popping sound thanks to our proprietary anti-pop circuitry.
FET's can behave like Tubes in a properly designed circuit. They can “clip” (distort) in a pleasing way instead of being buzzy or spiky sounding (like a Transistor) and can also add a subtle Limiting to the signal which can even-out the volume making your Live and Recorded tones more pleasing to the ear....that‘s why you'll see Recording Engineers using my Fat-Boost on everything from Acoustic & Electric Guitar, Electric Bass, and even Snare drums.
The Fat-Boost 3 works great in front of non-Master-Volume Tube amps to goose them into submission, as well as through Master-Volume amps to drive them much harder than possible with just your guitar alone. It also works very well on Bass, Acoustic Guitars (with Pickups) and is the best thing you could put at the end of a pedal board effects chain to completely eliminate the tone loss caused by long guitar cable runs back to your amp. Doing so will allow the use of 50' (or longer) cable lengths with no signal degradation whatsoever.
This final version of the Fat-Boost (Model FB-3) incorporates all of the things that people have loved about previous versions of the Fulltone Fat-Boosts without any of the shortcomings, and brings back the 11 step FET Bias “Drive” Knob that was missing from the FB-2. You‘ll notice that the “Drive” knob makes a slight scraping noise when you turn it... not to worry... that is totally normal, and is simply the sound of the Bias changing and settling on the FET MuAmp. The Fat-Boost 3 gives you the feeling that your amp is Cranked at living room volumes so your playing is more dynamic and notes hold on longer without being distorted. It makes up for all the tone loss that (even True-Bypass) pedals impart to your sound, especially if you‘re like me and have a lot of pedals on your pedalboard...
I rarely turn the FB-3 off... you may not either!
- (2009-03-29) Fulltone Fat Boost 3 stacked with Gearmanndude Luther Drive guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2009-03-29) Fulltone Fatboost 3 vs Fat Boost 2 guitar effects pedal shootout w Telecaster & Blues Jr amp by Gearmanndude
- (2009-04-09) Fulltone Fat Boost 3 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2010-04-19) Fulltone Fat Boost 3.mp4 by arielpozzo
- (2011-12-14) Fulltone Fat Boost FB3 by JamStageCz
- (2015-12-18) Fulltone Fat Boost FB-3 by reverbmarket