Fryette S.A.S. - Real Tube Discharge
Waves of distorted mutilation crash against sonic temples as notes radiate into the Stratosphere. S.A.S. is possibly the most beautifully ugly distortion device you will ever encounter.
Introducing an innovative pentode driven, variable bias tube design, S.A.S can produce anything from slightly edgy clean boost to a full-blown flaming Strat euphoria. An EF86 tube is selected for its “balls out” character, exceptional gain and low noise.
Volume: Controls the output signal, and can deliver more than enough level to drive even the most docile of amps into the fourth dimension.
Gain: Controls the amount of overdrive applied to the EF86. A moderate amount of gain produces sullied clean sounds with shimmering overtones that breathe life into every pick attack. Maxed out gain produces thick, undulating swells of distortion and sustain with virtually endless unholy feedback.
Bias: Controls the headroom and harmonic behavior of the tube. In the full counter-clockwise “Bliss” position, the tube is biased normally for sparkling clarity, depth and headroom. In the full clockwise “Pissed” position the tube is biased practically to “cutoff” producing broken sputtering dysfunction reminiscent of a vintage low wattage amp on the verge of melt-down.
Between Bliss and Pissed you will find a universe of sonic landscapes ranging from gritty blues blasphemy to power mullet pyrotechnics to gobs of spewing gain exploding into cosmic ecstasy.
- Controls: Gain, Volume, Bias.
- Footswitch: Switching is provided by a super reliable relay controlled True Bypass system that automatically switches to bypass mode in the event of a power interruption to the pedal unit or pedalboard.
- Tube Complement: 1- EF86 pentode (not interchangeable with 12AX7 or similar types). A selected Tung-Sol EF86 is chosen for low microphonics, ultra-quiet operation and extended tube life. The EF86 is powered by a super low-noise high output internal power transformer for maximum dynamic range and bullet-proof reliability.
- Input Impedance: 1Meg.
- Output Impedance: 10K.
- Power consumption: 12VAC 500mA.
- AC adaptor included
- (2010-12-22) Release.wmv (Fryette)
- (2011-08-03) Pete Anderson demos the Fryette SAS Tube Distortion Pedal (Fryette)