Boostassio is Bold, Brazen, and Beautiful. It is Benevolent in its Brokenness...an instrument that must be experienced to be believed.
Utilizing a unique pentode driven, variable bias tube design, Boostassio can produce tones ranging from a completely transparent clean boost to a low wattage amp on the brink of obliteration. An EF86 tube is selected for its enormous presence, exquisite gain and extremely quiet operation.
Volume: Controls the output level, which can deliver up to 20dB of clean boost — more than enough to drive even the most pristine amp into saturation.
Bias: Controls the headroom and harmonic behavior of the tube. In the full counter-clockwise “Bliss” position, the tube is biased normally for shimmering clarity, depth and headroom. In the full clockwise “Pissed” position the tube is biased virtually to “cutoff” evoking a low wattage amp gasping for its life.
From revved-up rockabilly snap all the way to thick, warm slabs of ‘woman tone’ lushness, a luminous sea of color awaits you.
- Controls: Volume, Bias.
- Footswitch: Switching is provided by a super reliable relay controlled True Bypass system that automatically switches to bypass mode in the event of a power interruption to the pedal unit or pedalboard.
- Tube Complement: 1- EF86 pentode (not interchangeable with 12AX7 or similar types). A selected Tung-Sol EF86 is chosen for low microphonics, ultra-quiet operation and extended tube life. The EF86 is powered by a super low-noise high output internal power transformer for maximum dynamic range and bullet-proof reliability.
- Input Impedance: 1Meg.
- Output Impedance: 10K.
- Power consumption: 12VAC 500mA.
- AC adaptor included.
- (2010-12-22) Release.wmv by Fryette
- (2011-01-25) NAMM '11 - Fryette Amplification S.A.S Distortion & Boostassio Boost Pedals by Premier Guitar
- (2011-09-07) Pete Anderson demos the Fryette Boostassio Tube Boost Pedal by Fryette