Parametric EQ/Buffer - A unity gain EQ with selectable mid frequency sweep and selectable true bypass or buffered bypass. Only the finest ingredients are used including lots of my favorite op-amp - the OPA-2134. Huge headroom, low noise, never harsh, and completely transparent with all controls at noon.
- Amps that have only a single tone control.
- After an OD to dial in a prefect tone 3. An incredible bufffer anywhere in your signal chain. Help protect against tone suckage!!!
- First in line on your pedal board, or just after Wah or Fuzz if using the buffer.
- In the effects loop of your amp.
- Adjust Shape for one guitar and switch between your Les Paul and Tele without tweaking the tone stack on your amp.
Shape EQ - Parametric EQ/Buffer - Shape is a unity gain EQ with selectable mid frequency sweep and selectable true bypass or buffered bypass.
Shape is a natural extension of your tone that smooths out harsh top end, dials in mids and adds a general roundness to your note that is never muddy or overbearing. Tone is completely unaltered when all controls are at noon, but even the slightest tweak with Shape can be sorely missed when the pedal is deactivated.
Applications for Shape include:
- Extend your tonal range on amps that have limited knobs.
- Sculpt the tone of your OD boxes or push them into new sonic realms.
- Use the pedal in true bypass mode for transparency, or select buffered bypass to give your signal chain a needed boost and prevent tone suckage!
- Turn that wimpy sounding bridge pickup into a cutting tone machine with just the right amount of “kick.”
- Utilize Shape in the effects loop of your amp.
- Adjust Shape for one guitar, and switch between your Les Paul and Tele without tweaking the tone stack on your amp.
- High grade double sided PCB's with plated through holes.
- True Bypass (except the EQ which is selectable buffered or true bypass)
- Highest quality audio grade components
- Switchcraft jacks
- Teflon insulated silver plated copper wiring
- Alpha pots
Each enclosure is hand etched and painted and no two will ever look the same. Knob and switch sets are determined at assembly depending on what I think looks best on that enclosure.
- (2011-05-14) Fromel Shape EQ by TheGuacamoleXplosion
- (2016-10-06) Fromel Shape EQ equalizer pedal demo with Suhr Tele by Gearmanndude