Free The Tone
Matt Schofield has been exclusively using the Free The Tone Custom SOV-2 for many years now and Free The Tone is now honored to announce a special Matt Schofield signature model overdrive pedal, the MS SOV SPECIAL (MS-1V). This model is the most advanced special version of the SOV-2 combining the custom SOV-2 Matt has been using in the past with a newly developed and very special input circuit, called the HTS circuit.
As in the FTT SOV-2, the power is increased internally to +/-15Vdc to provide a wide and dynamic range, and at the same time, it prevents guitar signal degradation when bypassed by implementing the HTS circuit. It also has a very low S/N ratio, and provides a fatter and smoother overdrive tone. The Matt signature model was born out of his request to prevent guitar signal degradation and at the same time, provide a natural guitar tone when bypassed, and we therefore implemented the HTS buffer circuits instead of true-bypass. We provided Matt with a prototype and he made the following comment: “The latest pedal is great! I used it, and loved it, for the whole of my last tour. Best version of the SOV ever for me.” and we are now announcing the Matt signature model with the same specification as the prototype we provided Matt with.
Matt Schofield, a distinctive and innovative British guitarist, was voted Best British Blues Guitarist for the 3rd year running at the 2012 British Blues Awards. We are honored to support a part of his tone and we would appreciate it if you would try the Matt Schofield sound for yourself.
The Matt signature model, MS SOV SPECIAL (MS-1V) is a limited edition and will go on sale starting on Februay 5, 2013, through the end of 2013.
- Input Impedance: 1MO
- Output Impedance: less than 200O
- Controls: LEVEL, TONE, DRIVE
- Connectors: 1/4-inch phone jack x 2 (INPUT and OUTPUT) DC9V input jack (AC adaptor jack)
- Power Supply: 9V battery or AC adaptor
- Power Consumption: DC9V, 90mA (Max)
- Dimensions: 115 (D) x 72 (H) x 50 (H) mm
- Weight: 250g approx. (Not including battery)
Warning: The power consumption of the MS SOV SPECIAL pedal is 90mA/(DC9V), so the use of an AC adaptor is recommended.
- (2013-02-11) Free The Tone : MS SOV Matt Schofield Signature by Pedals Park
- (2013-02-25) Free The Tone : MS-SOV Special Overdrive (MS-1V Matt Schofield Signature Model Ltd.) by Burgerman666
- (2013-02-25) Free The Tone : MS-SOV Special Overdrive by Burgerman666
- (2013-02-26) Demo on MS SOV SPECIAL (MS-1V ) by Brett Kingman- Reverb edit by Free The Tone
- (2013-05-25) Matt Schofield demos Free The Tone MS SOV SPECIAL (MS-1V) by Free The Tone
- (2013-06-21) Free The Tone SOV-2 and MS SOV Special A/B overdrive pedal comparison demo by GuitaristMag
- (2013-08-30) Free The Tone Matt Schofield MS SOV Special Overdrive Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2014-07-18) Free The Tone MS-SOV Standard & Digital Delay protoype demo with Matt Schofield by GuitaristMag
- (2014-10-10) FreeTheTone MS SOV/RED JASPER demo by Ramon Goose by Free The Tone
- (2016-10-07) Matt Schofield talks about FREE THE TONE MS SOV OVERDRIVE by Free The Tone