Free The Tone
The ARC-3 is the flagship model of Free The Tone with high reliability and operability achieved by testing under real-world conditions such as rehearsal studios and live performance. The HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) circuit, which operates at an internal voltage of ±15 VDC, is employed to provide the same sound quality found in Free The Tone custom products made for professional musicians.
The Free The Tone ARC-3 is based on the know-how developed from many years of building custom products for top musicians. The ARC-3 has a built-in HTS circuit to preserve the original characteristics of a bass, guitar, effects and amp. It manages everything at the input and output, including the send and return for effects, and the signal line.
- In order to increase the visibility and operability of the foot switch, the display panel is tilted at an angle of 12 degrees.
- The distance between the foot switches is 71.5mm in the vertical direction and 80mm in the horizontal direction, and custom foot switches are used. The switches respond quickly in order to follow even fast operation.
- A special panel is provided for changing settings or selecting presets. Operability is drastically improved by reducing the level of edit menus as much as possible. This greatly reduces the amount of time spent editing.
- A Link function is provided making it possible to connect and operate two ARC-3's.
- A Mute Link function makes muting control possible from an external footswitch.
- The ARC-3 has functions such as the preset copy, delete and swap, and bank copy and delete, which simplify operation.
- By switching the Display Mode, the MIDI program change numbers for each channel that is currently being sent can be checked at a glance.
- The LED for each footswitch is covered by a lens to prevent sweat or other moisture from entering directly into the internal circuits. Also, a felt sheet is attached to the back of the display unit.
- High-strength molded plastic phone jacks are used to ensure safe and long term use.
- A DI signal line, which is often required by bassists, was also taken into consideration. A terminal is provided which outputs the signal after it has passed through the HTS input circuit. The output line has a Mute switch that can be linked to the mute circuit. With this feature, the signal to both the DI output and to an amplifier can be muted simultaneously.
- A Universal AC adapter, which support voltages of AC100V ~ 240V, is included.
- To prevent accidental operation of the control panel while playing, an AUTO LOCK function makes it possible to lock the operation buttons. The AUTO LOCK function engages automatically after 10 minutes of non-operation.
- Effects Loops : 8
- Mute Function: Mute Control by external footswitch
- Preset: 64 Banks x 10 presets – Total 640 presets
- Control Terminals: 6 (switchable Latch or Momentary)
- Expression Pedal: 1
- Midi Program Change Number Parallel sends: 8 ( ch 1 ~ ch 8 )
- Midi Control Change Number Parallel sends: 8
- Input Impedance: 1 MO (HTS-IN)
- Output Impedance: Less than 200O (HTS-OUT, OUT-A, OUT-B)
- Power Supply: Dedicated AC adapter
- For USA: FA-1220D-JA
- For UK: FA-1220D-UK
- For Europe: FA-1220D-EU
- Power Consumption: 12 VDC, approx. 700 mA (Max.)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 446 x 69 x 138 mm, 17.56 x 2.72 x 5.43 inches (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Weight: approx. 2,030 g, 71.61 oz (excl. AC adapter)