Freedom Tube Amplification
Inspired by the legendary Way Huge Red Llama and the old school Craig Anterton Tube Sound Fuzz, the Llama Roja is a gain based pedal that defies classification as simply an overdrive or distortion pedal. When front-ending your favorite tube amp, you can dial in a wide range of settings on the Volume and Fuzz controls (don't take the word Fuzz too literally) achieving tones that range from a very powerful clean-ish boost, to a highly transparent overdrive (no big mid-hump like all those TS808 clones), to a slightly "hairy" distortion. It's two knob simplicity makes learning to use the pedal quick and easy. But perhaps the best thing about this pedal is the fact that it reacts like a great tube amplifier. From the crisp attack, to the strong, slightly soft bottom end, to the sparkling highs, you'll find all the elements. Plus, (my personal favorite feature) when you lower the volume on your guitar, it cleans up beautifully, allowing you to control your dynamics and tonal charater right from the guitar. This is very unusual for a pedal.
Use the Llama Roja to kick your tube amp's preamp into high gear. Use it to sweeten a lackluster amps's tone. Use it to provide great dynamics and tone at low volumes on a clean amp. You will be amazed at how much you can do with this great pedal.
The Llama Roja has all of the features you've come to expect in a finely hand crafted effect pedal. Very high impedance providing enhanced clarity and definition, true bypass, 9 volt battery operation, standard Boss-style AC adapter jack, and a bright indicator LED for those dark stage environments (red of course).
The Llama Roja has been designed and built with the usual Freedom Tube Amplification care and quality to give you many years of great tone. You no longer have to pay vintage prices to get a pedal like this (Red Llama's have sold for over $500 on eBay recently).
- Craig Anderton's Tube-Sound Fuzz
- Bogdan Helter Skelter - "Polish Love" overdrive
- Vintage Records Polish Love
- Catalinbread Hyper Pak Dirty Channel (inspired by Tube-Sound Fuzz, but using a CD4007)
- Guitarsystems DriveTool Junior
- Langtronics Angel Of Death
- Machine Head Pedals Evelyn - Dual Drive
- Machine Head Pedals Evelyn MkII
- Myrtle Pedals Blessed by Distortion
- Pignose Detonator S.P.
- Tone Factor Mule
- Mojo Hand FX Mule (new brand name)
- True Grit Tchoeb
- Way Huge Red Llama Overdrive
- Way Huge WHE203 Red Llama MkII (Dunlop reissue)
- Ben Adrian Bunny Drive (based on the Red Llama)
- Chicago Stompworks Redd Fox (based on the Red Llama)
- Electronic Orange Tube Flavoured Overdrive (based on the Red Llama)
- Elephant Stomp Boxes Fred Llama (based on the Red Llama)
- Feisty Little One Red Tauntaun (based on the Red Llama)
- General Guitar Gadgets Red Llama Replica (based on the Red Llama)
- Lenahan Llama Rojo (based on the Red Llama)
- M3 GuitarWorks Redrum Overdrive (based on the Red Llama)
- North Effects The Llama OD (based on the Red Llama)
- Old Orange Freight Train (based on the Red Llama)
- Penfar FX Rooster Fist (based on the Red Llama)
- Pro Tone Pedals Brahma (based on the Red Llama)
- REDesign Lard Meal (based on the Red Llama)
- RGW Electronics Dirty Dan (based on the Red Llama)
- Vick Audio Llama Overdrive
- Wren and Cuff Red Camel (based on the Red Llama)