Fredric Effects Do The Weasel Stomp is a clone of the Systech Harmonic Energizer. I recently built a few straight Harmonic Energizer clones and was pleasantly surprised by the interest, both on ebay and guitar forums. This is my improved version. In addition to being a clone of the original Harmonic Energizer, it also features a switchable fuzz circuit, closely modelled on the 70s IC Muff Fuzz, and an expression pedal input. Do The Weasel Stomp! pedals feature brilliant custom artwork by Stacey Hine, professionally screenprinted onto powdercoated enclosures, for a lifetime of hard-wearing Weasel Stomping.
It's an interesting oddball filter/harmonic expander type pedal favoured by Frank Zappa. Can be used as a treble or bass boost, and there's a cocked wah setting. Very rare and obscure.
The expression input works with expression pedals with 50k pots, with 0-50k resistance from ring to tip. Expression pedals vary widely in specification, so I just picked one which is commonly available, cheap and rugged and went with it... So this pedal works best with the Behringer FCV100 expression/volume pedal.
- (2011-05-14) Fredric Effects Do The Weasel Stomp - an improved Systech Harmonic Energizer by Fredric Effects
- (2011-06-14) Fredric Effects Do The Weasel Stomp Systech Harmonic Energizer Clone by Chugs74
- (2012-11-08) Fredric Effects I Got Me A Pocket Weasel fuzz pedal by Fredric Effects
- (2013-10-18) Fredric Effects Do The Weasel Stomp! by Tone Factor
- (2015-05-15) Fredric Effects Do The Weasel Stomp MkII - Systech Harmonic Energizer and more! by Fredric Effects