This is a clone of the Interfax Harmonic Percolator overdrive/distortion, an oddball asymetrical clipping pedal popularised by Steve Albini of Shellac. Built to the most recent 'general consensus' schematic, with the addition of a switch to disengage the clipping diodes, for a more open overdriven sound, which adds to the versatility of the effect.
All parts are the best quality available. True bypass via Alpha footswitch, powered by battery or standard center-neg DC jack, clear orange/red LED. Neutrik jacks. Pots are Alpha. PCBs are fibreglass. Pedals are hand-made, individually tested and guaranteed for the first owner for two years.
The noise reduction circuit in the black percolator is fully bypassable via a series of DIP switches on the circuit board. The key to these is printed inside the pedal.
Small, MXR-sized enclosure (with a new design that owes a fair bit to their great-looking script-logo pedals!)
Professionally painted and screen printed percolators for a tough, long-lasting finish.
Specs are as follows:
- Beige: NOS Russian MP16B Ge & standard 2N3904 Si transistors, Russian KD514A silicon diodes (£70)
- Blue: Vintage correct NOS 2N404(A) & 2N3565 transistors, 1N695 Germanium diodes (£85)
- Black: As blue, with Wima audio-grade capacitors, precision metal film resistors, switchable noise reduction circuit (£100)
- Interfax HP-1 Harmonic Percolator
- Barge Concepts BP-1
- Catalinbread Karma Suture (Germanium) - Harmonic Fuzz
- Catalinbread Karma Suture (Silicon) - Harmonic Fuzz
- Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator
- Dubrek Audio Boutique Harmonik
- Inductor Guitars MP-1 Mellifluous Pussy Fuzz
- Old North State Sounds Earth Departer
- REDesign Percolator
- SiC Harmonic Percolator